Photography AA degree $46000.00 ??? with a "Free $700.00 Nikon" -- THOUGHTS PLEASE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

2590282166_2ccf7360c4.jpg

The payments seem manageable? Meaning you aren't looking into or getting financial aid and grants? What your AI is is $766 a credit. Thats a lot for a trade school. You may be young enough where money isn't an issue, but now is not the time to get bogged down with loans, the real world is sucking hard right now.
As for networking, you'll be in class with a bunch of people as inexperienced as yourself. If you want to network, look into a mentorship, even if that means you have to move from your small town.

You seem kinda weird about this whole thing, honestly. I asked if you compared schools and you went off on some rant about experience blah blah that I didn't really read. I didn't have an option of a brick and morter college when I started in AI, and then I got pissed because they refused to let me take the photography and art classes I wanted and insisted I take english/math blah blah. If you're serious about not caring about the degree, then you're not going to want to waste your time/money on fundamentals and just do the stuff relevant to your trade. You can't do that with AI, you can with community college.

Guys.. I apologize for opening this thread! I was trying to help the guy out... keep him from getting ripped off! but WOW!

MODs.. please close this thread!

cgipson1 said:
Guys.. I apologize for opening this thread! I was trying to help the guy out... keep him from getting ripped off! but WOW!

MODs.. please close this thread!

Sounds like tough love I mean if they still want to pursue this my only advice is search other schools and compare. 46k seems a little too much for a trade school. I hope they realize that money can be invested in a community college decent equipment which should last way past a university. Best of luck.

LOL OWNED.

My tuition was about 9 000 for 4 years. that was in 2002-2006 for a 3 year college degree in ITSEC and another extra year to get drunk.

It's his 46k not mine and I didn't lose a wink of sleep over it. What strikes me as odd is his refusal to look at alternative schools offering degrees in photography. Heck, he could go to FIT which is part of SUNY in New York City as an out of state resident for less than what Ai is charging.

I read every post to this point, plus those in the other thread that got locked (though admittedly, my eyes may have glazed over a few times, and a few people around here are on my ignore list, so I didn't see those posts, but still...).

Overall, I think it's great that people are so concerned with the wellbeing of others that they'll practically have a meltdown over it - that shows they care, and we could all do with more people caring about each other, including caring about complete strangers. Still, though I tried, I was unable to actually care one way or the other what the OP does or how he spends his money or what it will or won't do for him in the end.

By the way, was it determined somewhere that he doesn't come from a well-to-do family where this money thing is essentially chicken-feed and just not really an issue? If so, my apologies for missing that little tidbit, not that it really matters to me, tbh.

We're all just jealous because he has the "eye" and we don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back