Photography idea names

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheel2.jpg

Kali, I don't think your grammar is a big deal, I've been in the pits at NHRA races and certainly none of the people you will be working for/with are going to care. I thought I would hate drag racing until I went to one, I doubt I will go back but I can certainly understand now why so many people are into it. Hopefully you come up with a good name, but hard work is what will pay off more than a name. Hopefully some day people in forums will realize it's easier to say nothing at all than something rude that doesn't benefit anybody.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can get offended then proclaim that they are leaving and never coming back as though it's some great loss to those of us that remain here.

I don't think people say they're not coming back because they think it'll be some great loss to us. I think they say it because it's one way of expressing how rude certain members of this forum can occasionally be. There's always good drama in storming off, and given the responses a lot of people receive to their first posts, their leaving is usually the least dramatic part of the thread. Elitism is rude. Saying it's justified because you're "more professional" or whatever, is also rude, and quite hypocritical. There are nice ways to ask people to type more clearly, and then in contrast there are the things that get said over and over again on this forum.

I couldn't agree more. Keith is one of the first people to call others out on their "communication" skills... and his are on par with a high school drop-out at times.

OP, I think that you need to consider the point that I made and the response to your posts. Using high school text speak in a professional forum will only get you this sort of result.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
pen.

In the interest of professionalism, I recommend you lose the SPAM - "Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum" :lol:

Last time i'll ask for help.
Y'all freakin RUDE.
That gibberish you posted was "freaking RUDE" to start with.

No doubt I make grammer, punctuation, and typing mistakes, but I also try to correct them.

... you misspelled "grammar"

... you've also used too many commas and ended up with a run-on sentence when you should have concatenated and gone for two sentences; or at least used a semicolon.

OP, I think that you need to consider the point that I made and the response to your posts. Using high school text speak in a professional forum will only get you this sort of result.

pen.

In the interest of professionalism, I recommend you lose the SPAM - "Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum" :lol:

I have not seen a way to turn that off when I use my iPhone as I'm using the iPhone app instead of the web site. I how ever don't see anything unprofessional about it, it is just a waist of space and not necessary.

I'm an idiot, just looked again and found it. Didn't look like an editable region but it is.

This better?

That didn't work, how about now?

Sent from my brain using cerebral implant.

I just think it's funny that Keith edited his first post.

He noticed some spelling errors.

He's been crying to the mods about my signature... I guess he can't take what he dishes out :guilty:

... and he went back and corrected that post too :)

I have honestly never seen him say anything to anybody with just a couple spelling mistakes. I've only noticed it on post where people either do not use any punctuation or poor spelling/grammar. I would also not be too cool if you quoted me like that in your signature.... The fact that he edited his post because of a spelling error isn't something to comment on, so he noticed it and fixed it which, I am assuming, is what he thinks people should at least try to do. I'm not trying to kiss ass or anything here, I'm just throwing out my two cents.

He noticed some spelling errors.

He's been crying to the mods about my signature... I guess he can't take what he dishes out :guilty:

I have honestly never seen him say anything to anybody with just a couple spelling mistakes. I've only noticed it on post where people either do not use any punctuation or poor spelling/grammar. I would also not be too cool if you quoted me like that in your signature.... The fact that he edited his post because of a spelling error isn't something to comment on, so he noticed it and fixed it which, I am assuming, is what he thinks people should at least try to do. I'm not trying to kiss ass or anything here, I'm just throwing out my two cents.

It's a perfect quote, really, because it illustrates an amusing irony. I don't understand his need for sticking out his chest and throwing his (self-supposed) elitism in other peoples' faces... he does it with more than just his finely-honed literary skills.

It's a perfect quote, really, because it illustrates an amusing irony. I don't understand his need for sticking out his chest and throwing his (self-supposed) elitism in other peoples' faces... he does it with more than just his finely-honed literary skills.

I've said it before but I'm 90% sure he is a robot. The K-M-H-bot 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back