Photography idea names

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before but I'm 90% sure he is a robot. The K-M-H-bot 2000.

Nah. If he was, he'd have some catchy tag line like: "Posted from my highly sophisticated neural network that acts as my cerebral cortex."

... mostly because it would be yet another illustration of his undying hypocrisy.

I've said it before but I'm 90% sure he is a robot. The K-M-H-bot 2000.

sofunny.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how people can get offended then proclaim that they are leaving and never coming back as though it's some great loss to those of us that remain here.

I don't think people say they're not coming back because they think it'll be some great loss to us. I think they say it because it's one way of expressing how rude certain members of this forum can occasionally be. There's always good drama in storming off, and given the responses a lot of people receive to their first posts, their leaving is usually the least dramatic part of the thread. Elitism is rude. Saying it's justified because you're "more professional" or whatever, is also rude, and quite hypocritical. There are nice ways to ask people to type more clearly, and then in contrast there are the things that get said over and over again on this forum.

I couldn't agree more. Keith is one of the first people to call others out on their "communication" skills... and his are on par with a high school drop-out at times.

I don't typically nitpick grammar, especially on an internet forum, but his post wasn't just inaccurate, it was nearly illegible. I had to read the thing 3 times to figure out what he was talking about. I'm sure there was a more polite way of asking him to post messages more clearly but some folks really need a thicker skin. I don't think you'll find too many threads where I'm rude or looking down on someone for any reason, I just think it is a little silly to expect it to have an emotional impact on us if this complete stranger no longer interacts with us.

Last time i'll ask for help.
Y'all freakin RUDE.
That gibberish you posted was "freaking RUDE" to start with.

No doubt I make grammer, punctuation, and typing mistakes, but I also try to correct them.

... you misspelled "grammar"

... you've also used too many commas and ended up with a run-on sentence when you should have concatenated and gone for two sentences; or at least used a semicolon.

Really? Your above sentence is a run-on with a semi-colon and a fragment. Keith may be guilty of an extra and/or misplaced comma but his sentence is not a run-on. Also, concatenated doesn't seem to be the right word!! If you are trying to nit-pick then you should make sure that you aren't guilty of the same grammatical errors!

You don't like what he does - so why would you do the same? 2 wrongs don't make a wrong!

Just my .02

What the heck is wrong with you people? Firstly, I understood the OP perfectly. Secondly, you've thread jacked this thread, and talk about the OP being rude.

I understood in as well but that might be because I'm a teenager and according to some people we have our own language.

Really? Your above sentence is a run-on with a semi-colon and a fragment. Keith may be guilty of an extra and/or misplaced comma but his sentence is not a run-on. Also, concatenated doesn't seem to be the right word!! If you are trying to nit-pick then you should make sure that you aren't guilty of the same grammatical errors!

You don't like what he does - so why would you do the same? 2 wrongs don't make a wrong!

Just my .02

Talk about run-on sentences and poor use of commas. Not to mention, neither of the 2 common English phrases you felt compelled to end your insight with are accurate. I just got off a 12-hour night shift. You jumped on the criticism bandwagon, so what's your excuse? The reason I point out Keith's errors are because he seems to like to jump on anyone new for their "grammer" and completely berate them. Why this is even tolerated by the mods to the extent that it is, I'll never understand.

*thread locked*

Whilst I can appreciate that there are members of the site who want to maintain a level of literacy quality to the communications occurring here I would strongly suggest that such members learn to address other members (especially new members) with a more polite and tactful manner. Mockery/jokes can be fine between friends and suchlike, but newer people generally view joking jabs as being far more hostile and its presents the site as a very elitist and poor community to join - an atmosphere we don't want to create.

Why this is even tolerated by the mods to the extent that it is, I'll never understand.

Understand that moderation of the site is a voluntary service that regular members do to try and ensure a smooth running site. As such we rely greatly on the membership to make us aware of things - we've private messages and the report post tools which you can use to contact the moderation team. If you report things or tell us of things we can better understand your viewpoints/concerns and also respond to problems. We can't read every post and we can't always divine when a conversation/debate/argument between two or more people has gone beyond the limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back