Of late I have been turned off by magazines. I would always pick up a shutterbug when a new one came out, if I wasn't subscribing at the time. And I have tried several of the others at times with subscriptions. But since money is so tight for them, and they get smaller with less content and more advertising. Their appeal has gone away. Then you have the sneeky "articles" that to me seem just like very large ADs. And it seems its the same stuff over and over agian. Obviously Nikon and Canon are the big boys but I would like to see more on other systems.
And because they need advertising they really don't get into the short fallings of a product. They will mention a couple faults just to make it seem like an unbiased review. But in reality when the product has been out for a while and you pay attention to forums and such. It really makes you wonder why the issues were not addressed in the magazine articles. And the fact is if you piss off the manufacturers too much. They will not send you that new hot rod to review any more. And reduce or quit advertising. So, it's a double edge sword for them. But for me they have lost my interest.