What's new

Photography with a Disability

Good to see you still have the drive to pursue photography. I am also in a wheelchair. I am a T-5,6,7 Paraplegic (paralyzed from the upper chest down).

Can i ask what kind of injury you have and how mobile you are in your wheelchair?

I ask because i feel this will have a lot to do with what you'll be able to do when shooting photos. Since i have a high back injury i can still move my arms and hands but I have absolutely NO abdominal mussels (no balance). So, some things will be a pain to shoot or may not even be worth the hassle. Just enjoy shooting what are are able to shoot and have fun doing it. There are so many different aspects to photography. take you time and find what aspect about photography you really enjoy, research the methods then experiment to you best ability.

Check out my Flickr link in my sig below. All my photos were takin by me in my chair :)
Yeah...

Between HikinMike, boomer, and the original poster, I think I'm gonna stop bitchin' 'bout my arthritic knees and hands...

Y'all impress the hell out of me and are an inspiration!
 
I have nothing to offer here, but I just wanna say I admire your will and drive to persue something you love doing and making the best of your situation. Goodluck with everything and post some pix once you get started
 
Bitter Jeweler had it right. I like shooting tethered (connected to my laptop) as it gives me immediate feedback in the studio or at planned shots. One the Sony (my body) you don't get live view for focusing purposes. Think of it like a really big CF card with a screen. :)

I do believe I saw an iPhone app (iPod Touch too), that could remote your Canon and Nikon. You'll have to look into it though.

Since your in T.O., you may want to go visit your local Henry's (No, I'm NOT affiliated) and look into some of the courses they offer. Don't forget about local photography clubs. You could find a lot of people their who could guide you on your new path of expression.

Cheers!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom