Photos with Extension tubes C&C + Advice.

ryanwaff

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi every one, these are some of my more recent shots, and I was hoping to please get some C&C on them regarding focusing, post processing, composition, colours and exposure.
All of these were taken with a Nikon D90, and either the 55-200mm Kit lens or 50mm f1.8D. No tripod used on any of them, although I do have one, I just find it slighty cumbersome. Both of the lenses were mounted on the cheapy kenko extension tubes, the ones without any electrical connectors to the lens.

One thing I found with the extension tubes, is that the second I attach my lenses to the tubes, it opens the aperture all the way, which although gives me lots of light in the viewfinder, reduces the DOF to almost minimal. So I have had to slightly 'unscrew' the lens to close the aperture a bit, which worries me that the lenses might fall out... Does anyone know any way to get around this?

1. $_DSC0729.jpg Nikon D90: 55 - 200mm roughly f/4 I think. | Shutter speed: 1/200 | ISO: 400 | No speedlights. |

2. $_DSC01132.jpgNikon D90: 55-200mm and again roughly f/4 I think | Shutter speed: 1/200 | ISO: 200 | 2 Speedlights - 1 to the right and one to the left, both set to slave. |

3. $_DSC6098.jpg |Nikon D90: 50mm @ f/2 | Shutter speed: 1/200sec | ISO - 320 | 1 Speedlight in hotshoe and angled roughly 40 degrees upwards. |

.................One thing I found with the extension tubes, is that the second I attach my lenses to the tubes, it opens the aperture all the way, which although gives me lots of light in the viewfinder, reduces the DOF to almost minimal. So I have had to slightly 'unscrew' the lens to close the aperture a bit, which worries me that the lenses might fall out... Does anyone know any way to get around this?..

Buy better tubes.

.................One thing I found with the extension tubes, is that the second I attach my lenses to the tubes, it opens the aperture all the way, which although gives me lots of light in the viewfinder, reduces the DOF to almost minimal. So I have had to slightly 'unscrew' the lens to close the aperture a bit, which worries me that the lenses might fall out... Does anyone know any way to get around this?..

Buy better tubes.

Haha! I should have seen that one coming!
Buying new tubes aside, there no other way?

Haha! I should have seen that one coming!
Buying new tubes aside, there no other way?

None that I know of, save for reversing your 50/1.8D lens with a BR-2 and using a BR-6 to control the aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back