Photoshoot from work...

TransportJockey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stretchermonkeyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We got bored at work one day, and with the blessing of the bosses did a little photo shoot to play around for PR purposes. Here's a few images from it. (the 'Patient' is a coworker, so no HIPAA violations are here)
DSC_1613-1.jpg

DSC_1605.jpg

DSC_1611.jpg

DSC_1619-1.jpg

DSC_1629-1.jpg

Carefull with recognizable shots of his face - may be a HIPPA violation. Not sure how it works for EMS, but receptionists at clinics aren't even supposed to aknowledge patients that they know from outside of the clinic unless the patient aknowledges them first. If this is a real patient, I hope you didn't take time for a model release. ;)

HIPAA works the same way for us as for you. That 'patient' is our fourth person from the two crews. He volunteered to let us play with him as patient.

Good work for putting this together in your down time.

Consider working on controlling the light a bit more, things like the window in the back of the rig, exposures thrown off by light coming in from the windshield, reflections and such. Some of it is easily handled by using improvised scrims to block out light that does not enhance the scenes or makes computer screens visible (or a bit of PP to get the monitor screen shots back). Keep an eye on errant cables and hoses that cross in front of equipment too, like the green hose in front of the LifePack control panel. Keep it tidy and visible.

Also, take some time to look at old Physio Control advertisements for some ideas (my batt chief was one of the first medics from Seattle used for their Lifepack ads back in the 70's). In most of the advertisement and training pictures they have the tech's faces visible.

Good work for putting this together in your down time.

Consider working on controlling the light a bit more, things like the window in the back of the rig, exposures thrown off by light coming in from the windshield, reflections and such. Some of it is easily handled by using improvised scrims to block out light that does not enhance the scenes or makes computer screens visible (or a bit of PP to get the monitor screen shots back). Keep an eye on errant cables and hoses that cross in front of equipment too, like the green hose in front of the LifePack control panel. Keep it tidy and visible.

Also, take some time to look at old Physio Control advertisements for some ideas (my batt chief was one of the first medics from Seattle used for their Lifepack ads back in the 70's). In most of the advertisement and training pictures they have the tech's faces visible.
Thank you for the advice :) I was thinking of talkign to the bosses once they look over the photos and maybe arrange a time where we are not doing it between calls. I had looked at the images and wondered what would happen if I bought some sheets of window screening and put it over the rig windows. I know flashes were problematic in the truck just due to the amount of reflective material scattered around the back of the bus.
And we are working on the cables and hoses lol. We just got that Sprinter mod, and trying to organize the vent, LP, lines, and crew proved a challenge. Guess I can play at work tomorrow :)
I will look at some of the old ads. I wish I knew who was shooting some of the new ones, since they feature ABQ FD (and the photographer might be local and i could pick his brain). Thanks again man!

Carefull with recognizable shots of his face - may be a HIPPA violation. Not sure how it works for EMS, but receptionists at clinics aren't even supposed to aknowledge patients that they know from outside of the clinic unless the patient aknowledges them first. If this is a real patient, I hope you didn't take time for a model release. ;)

Perhaps you should have paid attention to the original post.

We got bored at work one day, and with the blessing of the bosses did a little photo shoot to play around for PR purposes. Here's a few images from it. (the 'Patient' is a coworker, so no HIPAA violations are here)

Sorry, simple miss on my part. It happens - no need to yell. We don't even know eachother yet.

In other words, he's not the patient - he's the sucker!

Please continue with your good work

Thank you. Educational and informational was what I was going for. Plus I'm an EMS Nerd and like taking photos of my job.
Please continue with your good work
Thank you both of you :)

Heh, I figured a little text above images gets ignored, so I was willing to let it slide lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back