Photoshop and Printer just dont get along

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone,

Im having major problems printing things from photoshop.
I'm trying to make address labels.
I have CS2 and an HP1110 all-in-one.

I have the rules up in photoshop and I made everything line up with those rules. However, when I print it's about 3/4 of an inch or more higher.

It becomes a real pain in the butt to print draft after draft while slightly moving everything down each time.

Anyone know any solutions to this?

Oh, and the first time I did NOT scale to fit media and the second time I did. The second one turned out a little better

Are these settings changeable?
I thought that when you line something up one inch from the top it will print... 1 inch from the top.
In this case my top and bottom margins are 1/2 an inch.
And like I said my first attempt printed about 1/4 of an inch too high.
I have finally sorta figured the top out (trial and error.. and lots of it).

And of course now its not printing to the edge of the labels. They are just shy of being 1/4 of an inch.
perhaps next time I'll just buy something with larger margins.

But I would like to know if its possible to get my printer to print this close to the edge.
Thanx

I guess I have another problem I forgot about.
This happened when I made business cards too.
The first 5 are ok and then after that they gradually start to drop until the very bottom card or label is cut in half.
Everything is the exact same size because I duplicate layers.
This makes no sense to me

There are a number of things that could cause problems. Just off the top of my head:
Do you have the printer set for thicker paper?
Are you using a template for the label sheet you are using? There are often ones already out there. You may want to print from office software instead of PS in order to use them.
There may also be some specific printer options, but I'm not familiar with on that printer.

I'm not too good at doing this over the web. I tend to need to sit at the actual machine. Maybe someone else will chime in with ideals.

MANY TIMES.. .. when trying to print business cards and labels.

I used publisher instead of trying to use photoshop!

Ms office publisher!

Sometimes you have to say to yourself.. .. "..... self? what can I do.. . different!"

Most reactions

Back