Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, what do you think of this one?
shot thru umbrella camera left 1/2 power
bare sb600 1/32 power for blown out background
thanks

5582679992_5cc1d17282_b.jpg

Last edited:
What's the intent of the image? Advertising, just for fun, or ? The first thing that strikes me is that it needs another light just off-axis, camera right at very low power to bring out the shadow detail around the center of the 'ear' area in the headphones, and that the input cord needs to be re-arranged. The bit of jack sticking out image left is very distracting.

What's the intent of the image? Advertising, just for fun, or ? The first thing that strikes me is that it needs another light just off-axis, camera right at very low power to bring out the shadow detail around the center of the 'ear' area in the headphones, and that the input cord needs to be re-arranged. The bit of jack sticking out image left is very distracting.

I originally intended it as advertising but it turned into a fun thing. here is one without the jack but the lighting is basically the same.
5582797538_cc8d54fc16_b.jpg

Wrong forum section for C&C:

Beyond the Basics

Have you been at photography for awhile? This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!

Wrong forum section for C&C:

Beyond the Basics

Have you been at photography for awhile? This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!

oops, where should I have put this? I suppose lighting and composition was what I wanted C&C on. product photography?

wrong section, but personally you should have either had another flash just out of the frame with a small softbox which was aimed at the bottom of the iPod/phone in order to get rid of the harsh shadow from the headphones/that blob like shadow... heck, even a small reflector could have probably been able to reflect enough light (which bounces off of the white background) in order to light the base of the phone. a good trick is to put a piece of masking tape over the part of the flash/reflector that would otherwise hit the product, that way you dont interfere with the lighting already being cast on the subject, but your able to remove the shadow at the bottom... learned that little trick myself ;)

otherwise its a good image. a little blown out on the bottom of the headband, maybe could be adjusted with a little bit of dodging. the background is nice and seamless which is exactly what you would want. If this was a product photo I would have cropped out the blank space, as it would probably be of more use to stock customers if minimal in size; they could easily move it around a webpage or add later on if necessary to get the similar spacing as the original.

Most reactions

Back