Pick my best walk around lens

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am heading to Savannah, GA on Tuesday for work. I rarely bring my DSLR with me while flying, just because of the hassle of TSA and carrying around the bulk.
But this time I am thinking I'm going to give it a try. I want to only take one lens though and I am wondering which of my lenses you would choose to shoot with?

Nikon 18-55 kit

Nikon 55-200mm kit

Nikon 35mm f/1.8

Nikon 10-24 f/3.5-4.5

Only you know you're own style of shooting. For me I would bring the 18-55 and 55-200. It's a light pair of lenses. No one lend there would cover my wants

I guess I should say id be shooting mostly landscape, parks/fountains/buildings.

I'd say the 18-55 is a good general lens. I know the 10-24 is good for landscape but it's to wide as a general in my opinion. I use the 18-105 kit lens as a walk around and love it. Wide enough yet enough zoom for general use.

If I'd choose one, I'd say 18-55 or 35mm.

When you like to shoot buildings, 18mm will be handy.
Otherwise 35 is more creative, better for people, ...

Sorry none, if you want one good and resonably costing lens I would sell the 18-55 and 55-200 and get the 18-140 or for at least the 18-105

I like the 18-105mm but if IO was limited to one lens only I would consider the 18-140mm more favorably.

18-55mm is a good lens but has a very limited range, the 55-200mm again has a limited range and it is not a very sharp lens.

I recommend the 18-55. That is the one that is on my camera most of the time. It is wide enough for general landscapes, cityscapes, etc. while having a fairly decent FL for head shots. The main drawback is that it is not fast enough for lower lighting conditions, such as interiors and after dark.

I will probably go with the 18-55mm.
I was really wanting to put the 10-24 on, but it might be a little too wide for walking around the area.

I know my lenses are limiting...I do want to eventually get a good "walk-around" lens, but this trip is Tuesday, and there's no time to research and buy a lens before then.

My 70-200 vrii is my walking. I never leave home without it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back