Picking First DSLR Camera?

What camera should I buy?

• Nikon D3400

• Canon EOS Rebel T5

• Canon EOS Rebel SL1

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Update: I was able to stop into Best Buy this evening and have decided to purchase the Canon SL1. Its interface is easy to read, it is extremely lightweight and comfortable (which I love), the photo/video quality is quite good (for a beginner's camera), and it seems like a good fit for my lifestyle. (Though it was a close contender with the Nikon d3400!)

Thank you to everyone in this forum for answering my questions and giving me helpful suggestions! I will definitely keep the other cameras mentioned in mind for future purchases down the road. :)

I'm uncertain if your post was meant to convey that you've already made the purchase... or you're about to make the purchase.

Canon is about to announce the SL2. That announcement is expected tomorrow although the camera won't likely be available for another month before anyone can actually buy one.

Here's the list of specs per the rumor website: Full Specifications for the Canon EOS Rebel SL2

I have made the purchase, but I am waiting for it to come in the mail. And thanks for the info! It's unlikely I would be able to afford the SL2 when it does come out though, haha. I might look into it though in a couple of years when I would like to upgrade.

Update: I was able to stop into Best Buy this evening and have decided to purchase the Canon SL1. Its interface is easy to read, it is extremely lightweight and comfortable (which I love), the photo/video quality is quite good (for a beginner's camera), and it seems like a good fit for my lifestyle. (Though it was a close contender with the Nikon d3400!)

Thank you to everyone in this forum for answering my questions and giving me helpful suggestions! I will definitely keep the other cameras mentioned in mind for future purchases down the road. :)

I am sure it will work out great for you! :)

Best Buy is a lot more aggressive with pricing on cameras and electronics (online completion )
(the rumored SL2 looks good but probably won't be available for a couple of months)

Most reactions

Back