Picking the right flash

sb800 if you can find it; sb900 next on list.
sb600 - i don't like the color it put out. Different then my sb800.

I've never used the 600 (or 800) with an umbrella. The 600 does have to be able to see the output of the D90 in order to communicate (I'm sure you know this, just throwing it out in general) so I could see problems arising from this.

I looked at Sb-800's online and they are all near $600 or above... I've rented one and wouldn't spend that much coin on the 800. If I NEEDED it, I would rent it for $25 for a weekend.

I've never used the 600 (or 800) with an umbrella. The 600 does have to be able to see the output of the D90 in order to communicate (I'm sure you know this, just throwing it out in general) so I could see problems arising from this.

lol, thanks for not hurting my ego. It was in it's line of view, but for some reason it didn't go off. But for what it's worth, doesn't seem like he's going to take it off camera. He wouldn't have time for it anyways if he's doing events.

Get the sb-600. Bounce the flash, or get a flash bracket, or get a sync cord and you can multi-task like a SOB. Or get all three.

I looked at Sb-800's online and they are all near $600 or above... I've rented one and wouldn't spend that much coin on the 800. If I NEEDED it, I would rent it for $25 for a weekend.

Yeah, I could get three Alienbees with that money.

amazing, 800s discontinued and used cost more then when they were new OR new 900 units. It does say about its quality :D

Why was it discontinued might I ask?

Why was it discontinued might I ask?
wish I knew. What I do know, is that large number of wedding photographers out there HATE SB900 b/c it overheats and shuts down while sb800 is a work horse. You can probably find sb800 for about $400 on craigslist, on amazon they are around $800 ;)

Can't find one on Craigs list Australia.

That will end up being $500 + on my end of the globe.

My family recently bought me a new computer for my room, but we don't want to run wires so i can get internet unless we absolutely have to. But we do know that i need internet for my school projects. We have a wireless router that is fully set up that we have had for a while with the family computer. I was wondering if there was anyway i could use my extra school flash drive to pick up the Wi-Fi connection.

:er:

makes sense that you'd ask your own computer question in someone elses thread about a flash for their camera. go start your own thread, probably in a computer forum.

That will end up being $500 + on my end of the globe.
unfortunately, that's the price we have to pay for quality. I never really played with sb900 but here's a quick dif b/n 800 and 600 as I noticed
Besides 800 being stronger
800 recycles at 1/1 faster then 600 on the same fully charged AA batteries
800 can work in A, AA, GN modes + all the modes of 600
800 if you care writes out approaximate distance it'll cover under specific settings you put it.
for me, the biggest difference is 800 and 600 have different color temps. 800 w/ or w/o stofen puts out very similar color, 600 w/ stofen puts out VERY soft color and color cast, w/o stofen, its color is colder then 800. When using both, I just preset WB and no bigy.
I would love to buy another 800, just no extra $ for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back