Pictures on the beach

Antanas26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.

This is my first post here. Tried to look for some critique in some local forum from where I reside, but I wasn't very welcome there to say the least of if. Thus I'm looking for a better place so to speak :)

I had 500D for around a year but recently I traded it for 5D. So far only have the 50 f1.8 and lensbaby for it. But will soon buy 24-105 f4.

I recently took some shots on the beach and here's a few: [no longer available]
I would welcome your critique, suggestions, what you would do differently, etc. Be critical :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Nice shots, my favorite is the last without the black and white conversion.

I don't have a lot of feedback but one thing I noticed is maybe try to keep the subjects head not in line with the horizon line in the background. The other thing would be to not cut off body parts when cropping (only saw this in 3/9).

Last but not least, try to post your images directly in the thread you are posting to. You can use photobucket.com and then copy the link directly into the thread. You'll see a lot more feedback that way.

Welcome.

Nice shots, my favorite is the last without the black and white conversion.
Thanks. You mean the very last one (9/9)?

I don't have a lot of feedback but one thing I noticed is maybe try to keep the subjects head not in line with the horizon line in the background.
Is it about #8? Can you elaborate on that?

The other thing would be to not cut off body parts when cropping (only saw this in 3/9).
I always keep this rule in mind. And #3 is where I really wanted to chop :) If I, say, turned the camera, vantage point would've been different and I doubt the depth of the area would've been conveyed. I consciously left the joints "untouched" (if that helped anyhow). Nevertheless, do you think that in this particular frame I should've avoided cropping the limbs by any means? Would you have framed to point at the subject more from the side?

Last but not least, try to post your images directly in the thread you are posting to. You can use photobucket.com and then copy the link directly into the thread. You'll see a lot more feedback that way.[/quote]I noticed people putting their pictures here directly. I will keep this in mind. Just didn't feel like uploading them second time :)

Perhaps something more profound to add?

Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back