pigeon's take off

prh765

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my first bird photography, i don't know what are the flaws present in this . critiques are requested !!!

Attachments

• $pigeon take off.jpg
    $pigeon take off.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 109
Not bad for a "first". One thing to remember is not to place the subject exactly in the centre of your composition. They are often best placed according to the rule of thirds. In this case, your bird is flying from right to left, so I would place it on the right thirds side of the image. This gives an appearance of action as the bird has room to "fly into" on the left.

The image is also a little cluttered, particularly the background. This is something you cannot always avoid, but you might want to pay more attention to in the future. A cluttered background tends to draw the viewers eye away from the subject of the photograph. In this case, my eye went to the slightly fuzzy window on the building in the background. As well, the grey vertical object (smoke stack?) that runs right through the bird is distracting as well. I always try to remember that I am responsible for everything in the frame. Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

Not bad for a "first". One thing to remember is not to place the subject exactly in the centre of your composition. They are often best placed according to the rule of thirds. In this case, your bird is flying from right to left, so I would place it on the right thirds side of the image. This gives an appearance of action as the bird has room to "fly into" on the left.

The image is also a little cluttered, particularly the background. This is something you cannot always avoid, but you might want to pay more attention to in the future. A cluttered background tends to draw the viewers eye away from the subject of the photograph. In this case, my eye went to the slightly fuzzy window on the building in the background. As well, the grey vertical object (smoke stack?) that runs right through the bird is distracting as well. I always try to remember that I am responsible for everything in the frame. Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

thanks dude

Good shot but not sure i'm liking the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back