Bitter Jeweler
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2009
- Messages
- 12,983
- Reaction score
- 5,003
- Location
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I made a new pin hole lens from the camera body cap. I used 1" brass tubing to move the aperture farther out to get a full frame image, rather than the circular image from before. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/192321-pinholio.html
The metal for the pinhole is 1/30th of a millimeter. It is very difficult getting a perfect, clean hole. I am very happy with the results. With a little post work, I can see the creative possible uses for this "lens". They look old and Polaroidy. I plan on experimenting with the pin hole and a flash and see what that does. The following images are merely test shots to see the qualities of the lens. I forgot my tripod at work, so I was restricted to what I could rest my camera on. Aiming is hit and miss as well, as you have no preview to work with. It is literally point, shoot, and hope for the best.
Basically, I'm not looking for C&C persay, just wondering if you folks see possibilities with this, or is it just crappy image quality and novelty?
This test shows how much sensor dust there is too. :meh:
The metal for the pinhole is 1/30th of a millimeter. It is very difficult getting a perfect, clean hole. I am very happy with the results. With a little post work, I can see the creative possible uses for this "lens". They look old and Polaroidy. I plan on experimenting with the pin hole and a flash and see what that does. The following images are merely test shots to see the qualities of the lens. I forgot my tripod at work, so I was restricted to what I could rest my camera on. Aiming is hit and miss as well, as you have no preview to work with. It is literally point, shoot, and hope for the best.
Basically, I'm not looking for C&C persay, just wondering if you folks see possibilities with this, or is it just crappy image quality and novelty?
This test shows how much sensor dust there is too. :meh: