Playing with light

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
I've been playing with flashes to try to make them not look like flashes (if that makes sense:mrgreen:). I took the following with a single SB800 setup as a wireless slave, shot through a circular diffuser. Comments welcome.

74863647.jpg

Let me be the first to comment....well done....nice light....wouldnt guess off the top that it was flash....really nice shot all around. I'm working on my flash skills too....unfortunately at a wedding you often dont have time to play around and do setups like that....that getting better at bounce flash is the key....
again...really well done..

Let me be the first to comment....well done....nice light....wouldnt guess off the top that it was flash....really nice shot all around. I'm working on my flash skills too....unfortunately at a wedding you often dont have time to play around and do setups like that....that getting better at bounce flash is the key....
again...really well done..

Agreed...experimenting with light at a wedding can be difficult. We set up this shoot to specifically to practice and play with various types of lighting so that we can be ready to shoot fast when we need to at a wedding.

Very nice. The model is very pretty. She's one of those women who are very pretty, but I don't get the impression that she spends her whole life maintaining her looks; i.e. she's a real person.

Technically, the only thing I would change is to have less depth of field. The nearer bricks are a bit too sharply focused, IMO, but that is a nitpick. Nice work!

I think you did a great job with the light as well! My only nitpick is that something seems a bit off and I think it may be that the bricks and the girl seem to be divided right at the center of the photograph. It makes it seem a bit unbalanced to me.

By the way, the second link seems to be broken. Can you double-check it? I'm curious to see it. ;)

The light seems a bit harsh to me and lighting ratio is somewhat too strong in this case . Maybe a little softening will works? ;)

BTW, model's expression and composition is good. TFS :wink:

Most reactions

Back