Please help to analyze below sample image and method to achieve

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by prashant4u, May 12, 2018.

1. prashant4u

prashant4u TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi, Technology has improved and now expectation is to get ultra high resolution image with effects. Can experts point out how this is achieved with a photoshop or any other adobe tool. I have been struggling to understand whether its a real clicked photo or achieved through tools.

Your help will be very much appreciated and beneficially to the community to raise the bar of our work. Thanks in advance.

Image Link 1
    Image Link 2

2. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I've sure the first has quite a bit of post processing, probably exposure adjustments, maybe some colour tweeks, noise reduction, doge and burn layer.

The second looks to me like it was shot with good lighting placement - strong backlight and some fill from the opposite direction. Sky colour looks to me like it might have been shot in tungsten WB with the flashes gelled to balance it out. This probably also has some post processing though I'd expect you could get 90% there with good lighting alone.

3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I would say that both are 90% good lighting. The first is using at least a 5 light set-up, and definitely has a bit of processing intended to produce a 'gritty' feel. The second is using 2 lights with a much 'cleaner' look. Both images are primarily the result of good planning and technique, and NOT an over-reliance on post-processing.

4. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Yep. It's mostly about light quality, direction, and photographer skill and knowledge used to produce most of what the photographer wanted when the shutter was released. No doubt there was some post process image editing , but becuase of good planning and set up before shutter release it wouldn't take much editing.

In particular note the likely use of a tungsten WB camera setting/gells on the lights Weepete mentioned regards the second image.

• Agree Agree x 1