pls help me

Yes to Q1 and things like that can happen to Q2, but we are just exploring possibilities and positing theories. The paper reversal thing seems the most likely at the moment. Remember your Sherlock Holmes.

thank you guys for the help and the idea that you guys shared.

i am just begining to this photography class

i will keep posting if there's any further issue after i try what you guys suggested

thank you so much

Yep just remeber when printing (with glossy paper) the smooth side faces up. Make sure to constantly agitate paper while in the chemicals. Tray rocking works fine, but i prefer to flip the paper constantly. ( I know others here may disagree with that) but if you do a constant paper flip in the developer i have noticed that you can get better contrast in your prints. (again some may disagree) But try things out and see what works for you. Take constant and detailed notes. When you find the process that works for your art duplicate it. There are many many factors that can effect what your doing in the darkroom. Everyones water source is different for example, that can affect your dev process as well. Expiremantation is required in any art. Don't give up, just remember to try different things and always fall back on your notes.

hi guys

i already make sure the paper is in the correct face, it still give me the same problem, and i try to use a new pack of paper and it seem alright, i don't know i think what happen to my old set of paper, i think i bought them 2 weeks ago and don't know why it got so many noise on it. is it because the light go through my pack?

If the pack was exposed to light then it tends to be more noticeable down the side nearest the light source. Besides which it will only affect the top half-dozen sheets as the ones underneath are protected by the ones above. Again, fogging tends to be even. What it looks like on yours is a texture. It could be chemical fogging but the comments about light hold for this too.
To fog through the packaging and affect the whole pack of paper would need a light with the intensity of a small nuclear explosion. And the top sheets would still be darker than the bottom ones.
But if you have a new pack of paper and it's working ok then just write off the experience as one of the wonderful mysteries of photography

is that will change much if i used different kind of paper. example between polycontrast IV and Polycontrast V. i use the same chemical, the old one with get the noise but the new one is so smooth

Most reactions

New Topics

Back