The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We are going to a large family dinner and our only involvement is to bring blueberry muffins and Moroccan carrots.

At 2 PM yesterday my wife bought 8 pounds of organic carrots.
At 5 PM, she discovered that she had lent her muffin tins to a friend who lives quite a distance way.
She only makes muffins perhaps once or twice a year.
At 6 PM, she discovered that she needed to call our daughter and talk about essentially nothing for 30 minutes.
At 6:45 she decided that we needed to get muffin tins (as opposed, I imagine, to me holding paper muffin cups in the oven two at a time.)

Now this is the question:

Which of the following possibilities are true and which are false?

1) I will drive to Target and get a single cheap muffin tin for about $6 to $10 because she only needs them until hers return.
2) I will drive her to Williams Sonoma and she will buy two gold-plated muffin tins for about $55 because they will last forever and also she'll discover a very nice $80 griddle that she thinks I will like..
3) There will be 20 people, including children, at the dinner, and lots of other baked goods, so she'll make only 24 muffins.
4) There will be 20 people, including children, at the dinner, and lots of other baked goods, so she'll make 48 muffins, just in case.
5) Not everyone likes Moroccan carrots plus there are lots of vegetables, so she will have me peel, cut and cook only 4 pounds of organic carrots.
6) Not everyone likes Moroccan carrots, however she will have me peel, cut and cook all 8 pounds just in case there is a missile strike that devastates all the other vegetables being brought.

As a husband of 15 years, Im going to say #2, #4 and #6 are true.

I'm not a husband but as a son of many years I'd second 2, 4 and 6 and think that you got out of that lightly if that is true ;P

I've been married to the same woman since I was 19 yrs old. In my case ALL would be True . We would over think everything .Shortly after doing the logical thing .

Last edited:
As a husband of 40 years I Can state categorically that regardless of which ones you pick they WILL be the wrong choices.

As a husband for 50 years, to assorted women, I try to to remember, but mostly forget. You can be right, or you can be happy.

I've been married for more than twice as long a Jason, and it's still #2, #4, and #6. I also suspect that there are a few more choices that you didn't write down, but will come into play anyway. And as Scott has noted, just when you think you've got them pegged, they'll throw a few new ones at you, just to keep things interesting. I'm not complaining, just admiring the abilities of many women.

At that point, you go down to Giant and buy some damn muffins...just sayin

Whatever is most inconvenient for you.

Strong will doesn't supersede greater logic. This ^^^ is man thinking which usually doesn't appease female counterparts.

My answer would be 1, 4, and 6. William Sonoma is nice but I am cheap and will stand firm on this point.

Strong will doesn't supersede greater logic. This ^^^ is man thinking which usually doesn't appease female counterparts.

My answer would be 1, 4, and 6. William Sonoma is nice but I am cheap and will stand firm on this point.

See, I don't know who y'all are married to, but I'm not a man and I would have said the same as Michele. Well, technically, I would have said eff the muffins, they'll be getting a cake instead. Because really, it would have to be an emergency to get me into a store around Thanksgiving, and blueberry muffins are never an emergency.

Eff these eating holidays in general!!
limr is right...seriously, who is going to pick a blueberry muffin over cake? Oh and there is other desserts? So, now who is going to pick a blueberry muffin over cheesecake or some chocolate creation?!! That's just silly!

See, I don't know who y'all are married to, but I'm not a man and I would have said the same as Michele. Well, technically, I would have said eff the muffins, they'll be getting a cake instead. Because really, it would have to be an emergency to get me into a store around Thanksgiving, and blueberry muffins are never an emergency.

Hence the 'usually.'

Ok, well I guess all of the above will be true, it will start with 1,3,5 and then she'll change her mind and go with 2,4,6 - and of course it will be entirely your fault that she went with 1,3,5 in the first place even if you said nothing or made no suggestion whatsoever that 1,3,5 would be good options. If such would be the case and you'd tried to explain that you never advocated 1,3 or 5 then it would still be your fault because you should have advocated 2,4,6 before she wasted all that time with 1,3 & 5. When you try to explain that you were just trying to make her happy she'll bring up something you supposedly did years before using a precise date and time and explain to you how this is just like the other supposed incident that you have zero recollection of but it's all going to be your fault anyway.

What can I say other than Happy Thanksgiving.. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back