• Total voters

AmberLynneParker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amberparker9614.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are all my photos. I would also love some advice and feedback. Thank you :)
#1 $Gokey on wall.jpg
#2$I miss you.jpg
#3$Leaf and Bridge.jpg
#4View attachment 31523
#5$Red Sky.jpg
#6$Stop Sign.jpg
#7$Street Light.jpg

Here are my comments on my 2 best
#1 - I like the leading line of the brick, but would like to see a better focus on the face, right now the brick is sharper than the face
#5 - I really love the composition, but the stop sign is too dark and has too many shadows.

My third choice would be # 7
It is kind of nice but taken from a little too far, the light does not stand out enough.

I see that you have a good eye and the compositions are good, but the emphasis need to be put a little bit more on your subject.

I am not a pro and I am learning just like you

Enjoy and keep shooting!

#4 or #7. About a tie between those two.

I'm not really liking any of them. Most have focus issues and the processing looks like cliche Instagram filters.

Um...I'm not really digging any of these shots. Why post a poll? I don't get it.

I've looked at your website and I think a lot of your photos could be improved if you worked on focus and exposure issues. Many of them are underexposed, poorly exposed or OOF. Just my $0.02.

I dislike #2 the least (which isn't saying much).

We all have our opinions :)

We do and I am not trying to suggest these are bad. I just have a particular style that I like and others have a different style. I think you should keep shooting, keep posting and keep getting better every day! :mrgreen:

All of these are processed to the point that the processing risks overwhelming the image. I see the selective color, I see the gimmick, I don't see the photograph.

That said, they're not bad. I like #1, although it looks like a composite when you look closer (the out of focus subject feels pasted onto the bricks). The composition is unorthodox, but pretty good.

#2 and #4 are too overt to appeal much to me.

#6 and #7 are snapshots of nothing that you've tried to save by processing.

#3 is an interesting perspective, but it's in every stupid "how to pep up ur snapz, try a different perspective!" guide online, so it's a bit cliched.

#5 has some stuff going on, but I think ultimately the drama of the silhouette and the sky doesn't quite compensate for the fact that it's a picture of some guy in a hipster hat sitting around in a park.

Anyways. All that said, these have a coherent look so you have some ideas about how your photographs should look. That's good! You have some decent photographic ideas, too. That's also good! I think editing more ruthlessly, and using a lighter touch on the post processing effects, to let your photographic ideas breathe a little more while still getting that coherent look, would be a help to you.

Hello AmberLynneParker,

I chose #7.

I'm new to photography and am trying to learn too.

I'm really having a lot of fun and learning a lot. Just this morning when I left the house I noticed we had such a beautiful sunrise. After realizing how beautiful it was my next thought was to wonder if I had time to get to my camera and then to a spot where I could capture the beauty. That's all new for me.

I hope you are having fun and learning along the way.

I've read a number of books now, but the one that helped me the most as a newb was 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson. You can also find some videos of him on youtube. There are many resources available for free online if that suits you better.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to say that I hope you are having fun and learning at the same time.

Something about number #3. Gets to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back