Pork Chop and Carrots In Natural Light

redbourn

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
best-food.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to a lot of trouble with this and tried to incorporate as much as possible what people here have helped me with.

Didn't add much sauce on the chop because when I did that a few months ago you couldn't see the chop.

Ironed the tablecloth and clamped it down; and puts some coins under the little jug to make it appear more upright and could have maybe added another coin.

Michael

pork shop cider and cream.JPG

Mustard Cider & Cream Pork Chops
Serves 4

Prep time 5 min
Cook time 15 min
Total time 20 min

4 pork chops, about 1 lb. (500g) total
1 cup apple cider
2/3 cup cooking cream
2 tbsp Dijon or brown mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil
* A sprinkling of two herbs of choice

Sprinkle salt pepper and spices on both sides of chops.
Heat the oil in a pan, and then cook the chops over a moderately-high heat for about 5 minutes a side.
Remove them to a warmed plate and cover.
Pour cider into pan, and let it bubble away for a minute or so.
Reduce heat, add mustard, cream and herbs and stir for a few minutes.
Pour sauce over each chop before serving.
Minimum internal temp for pork is 140°F. (60°C)
* Herbs that go well with pork, caraway seeds, coriander, cumin, dill, garlic, rosemary, sage, fennel, savory and thyme.

From a lighting perspective, not bad at all. I wish you hadn't cut off bits of the chop however; as the feature item that seems a little wrong to me.

From a lighting perspective, not bad at all. I wish you hadn't cut off bits of the chop however; as the feature item that seems a little wrong to me.

A compliment indeed and thanks.

I didn't want to cut off the chop (it tasted very good though) but had a problem when I showed because I revealed other things that I didn't want to show.

Am always using a tripod but still struggling to set up photos with it. Must maybe look for some lessons on the web.

So easy with a phone that you can zoom.

My food lens is 35mm 1:1.8G

Michael

A compliment indeed and thanks.

I didn't want to cut off the chop (it tasted very good though) but had a problem when I showed because I revealed other things that I didn't want to show.

Am always using a tripod but still struggling to set up photos with it. Must maybe look for some lessons on the web.

So easy with a phone that you can zoom.

My food lens is 35mm 1:1.8G

I thought you meant that the chop was cut off in the image but maybe you mean the cuts in the chop. The butcher did that and probably to stop it curling up.

Michael

Other than cropping the plate, it looks great to me.

Thanks so much.

Am feeling encouraged!

I put a lot of effort into the shot.

And in addition to efforts that I mentioned above, I didn't pour on the sauce until I was ready to press the shutter.

Please show me how how you would crop it, if and when you have time and inclination.

Michael

I would simply crop it so that the entire plate is in the frame.

Well, I would have to recook the meal and rephotograph it.

That's on of the things that make this so hard.

Michael
I eat the first one if it helps! Nice lighting, you have come a long way. Probably wouldn't hurt to buy a new tripod if your struggling with the current one. I ended up doing that, still not 100% happy but better than my original $40 one.

Michael
I eat the first one if it helps! Nice lighting, you have come a long way. Probably wouldn't hurt to buy a new tripod if your struggling with the current one. I ended up doing that, still not 100% happy but better than my original $40 one.

Thanks for encouragement.

Am doing my best and that is the most that we can do.

Not sure if the tripod issue is me or the tripod.

It's not an expensive one but I can change leg heights; the upper height and tilt.

So what more would a more expensive tripod give me?

Shot this on my phone today and it's already getting tons of likes.

Just a snapshot but shooting it on my tripod would have been a nightmare for me.
raw chicken.jpg

Maybe using fotos of uncooked food for my book would be a new niche? ;-)

Michael

Michael

It's not an expensive one but I can change leg heights; the upper height and tilt.

Just a snapshot but shooting it on my tripod would have been a nightmare for me.View attachment 126330

Michael

Sir, I have been having issues with my tripod (s). I can not tell you how many stores I have been to. I have actually got to the point of making them bring out a camera like mine. Not one have I found that works seamlessly. My middle name should be "OCD Seemless". My issue is going from landscape to portrait. I want it level and with a smooth transition. Leveling is another issue. Setup... it goes on and on. Tripods suck because photographers want image.

Michael

Just a snapshot but shooting it on my tripod would have been a nightmare for me.View attachment 126330

Michael

Sir, I have been having issues with my tripod (s). I can not tell you how many stores I have been to. I have actually got to the point of making them bring out a camera like mine. Not one have I found that works seamlessly. My middle name should be "OCD Seemless". My issue is going from landscape to portrait. I want it level and with a smooth transition. Leveling is another issue. Setup... it goes on and on. Tripods suck because photographers want image.

I probably just have to get more practice using one. I scout with my camera and then struggle to get the same viewpoint with my camera on the tripod.

Most reactions

Back