Portfolio Suggestions?

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to find an Artists portfolio. One that zips up, opens out flat for presentation, and will hold 11x14 prints in clear sleeves, in a binder arrangement. Any suggestions?

This may sound kind of weird, but I see art portfolio cases at second-hand stores and thrift-shops almost every time I visit those places. It seems like a lot more of those are bought than are actually used, so they end up donated once a child has moved past that phase, often essentially unused.

This may sound kind of weird, but I see art portfolio cases at second-hand stores and thrift-shops almost every time I visit those places. It seems like a lot more of those are bought than are actually used, so they end up donated once a child has moved past that phase, often essentially unused.

What can I say the child within is still alive. LOL No such luck on finding one cheap.

I have a 17x22 the Art ProFolio by Itoya I use for a sampling of my maps. They have different sizes as well as a line they call Photo ProFolio. They are typically available at art stores (I haven't seen them at Michaels) as well as online.

Most University bookstores at larger universities have them, for art students you know. I would wager Donuts to dollars that the University of Alabama has at least two or three decent quality models

@JBPhotog I looked at Pratt, but didn't see any with the ring binder. @snowbear Itoya has one 11x14 with multi ring binder on the side in either portrait or landscape, probably the one I'll go with.

@smoke665 they don’t have three ring types but have plenty of spiral types which offer better presentation options.

don’t have three ring types but have plenty of spiral types

Didn't want the 3 ring type, wanted the one that's kinda like the spiral, but it opens to let alter the pages.

been looking at that one

A bit of a shot in the dark, but I do have an old polyproplolene one with a zip from my time doing a spesific art course at college. It's a big ring binder, A0 size and is great. I got mine at a local art store 20 years ago and still almost new although doesn't see much use. One thing to consider is mounting several shots on a light card.

don’t have three ring types but have plenty of spiral types

Didn't want the 3 ring type, wanted the one that's kinda like the spiral, but it opens to let alter the pages.

They have those, click on the ‘Spiral Book’ link in the left column, they have several models.

Smoke Hi do you have access to Ryman’s on line or store if you do I have an idea for you but as I am in UK
I am not sure it will help

Smoke Hi do you have access to Ryman’s on line or store if you do I have an idea for you but as I am in UK
I am not sure it will help

The only Ryman's I'm familiar with is Ryman Auditorium in Nashville of Grand Old Opery fame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back