Portrait of Alice

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It required some patience, morning sun, her sitting in the right spot and a chipmunk outside the window but she stayed still for long enough that I could get a few shots :)

I love almost everything about this but I'm partial ;) The one thing I'm iffy on is the right of the frame, sometimes when I look at the image I don't even notice it but when I really look.... perhaps a little more dog to the right? I didn't get more in this shot, this is how it was taken but there is more in one other that had other issues, the slope on that side makes it more awkward with too much space behind her.... thoughts on the framing?

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_7805-1 by Judi, on Flickr

I think the way this shot is shown, this is cropped properly; I do not think this frame could be re-cropped to make it any better. Yes, a slight bit more dog on the right hand side might be nice to have, but that would have required different framing. That would have given some of the neck-side in the frame, which might have looked pretty dynamic and cool, as the neck stretched up and over into the frame. But...that would be another, different picture.

On this shot I think the nose tip with the highlight on it, the dog tag, and the little light-colored ear patch make a wonderful triangle! Nifty! The muzzle and the ears are pretty long, and they together require a lot of space to be allocated, to fit in the frame, plus some negative space for her to look into and to be surrounded by, so, I think the way this has been framed is the right approach. It's a good portrait in profile, and on that breed, in a tall shot, the profile needs a fair amount of space, so, again, I think you did alright on this one.

Thanks so much for your thoughts D :)
I'm sure I will take this shot again, I'd love to get her front legs/shoulder area in so I shall wait for another morning chipmunk and try some other framing.

Thanks so much for your thoughts D :)
I'm sure I will take this shot again, I'd love to get her front legs/shoulder area in so I shall wait for another morning chipmunk and try some other framing.
As it is, this I think we could call this one "rim lighting", so if you're going to get more of the shoulder in the shot, you might need some additional light on the rim of the shoulder.

Dramatic......I like it.

Dave

Thanks Dave :)

Designer, good point, I'll have to be sneaky though, maybe I'll set up a white sheet or reflector beside this spot so I don't have to disturb her because then all games are off lol

Thanks Nathan :) We aren't sure exactly what she is, her Momma was rescued, she was emaciated and they didn't know she was pregnant at the time. Her Momma was definitely Shepard but not sure what her Dad was, they figured lab because two of the other puppies were black with a white bib, one was Shepard colouring she was the only brindle so the vet thinks perhaps a bit of boxer.

Outstanding!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awesome shot, I really like it. Something about it is so powerful.

Beautiful dog.

I like it. Thoughts: trying a crop ratio that's less tall - reducing the space to the left, less body below. If you had a second light you could try some rim light from behind on the head, or light a backdrop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back