Portrait Practice... Need CC

reignmkr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would hate to see over 20 views without constructive criticism. Just picked up CS3 but I don't know where to start or what to do with these shots. What PP would be beneficial?

Your CC would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

p389153515-4.jpg

p268037512-4.jpg

I looked at the histogram and they look slightly unbalanced (highlights are overexposed and details are a little dark). Without any exif data though, it's a little hard to tell you where to make an adjustment. What was your exposure info and how did you set the flash?

#1 and #2
58mm at f/1.4
Exposure 1/250 at f/4
ISO 100
Flash from remote SB800 ISO at 100 at 45 degrees from the right of photo

Thanks

C&C per req:
1. I don't see any issues with the lighting of this one. My only suggestion would be to situate the subject farther from the background to allow an even greater softening.
2. This would have benefitted from the use of a reflector on the subjects right positioned below the face to reflect light up, and onto his right side. Also from having the subject considerably farther from the background.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

C&C per req:
1. I don't see any issues with the lighting of this one. My only suggestion would be to situate the subject farther from the background to allow an even greater softening.
2. This would have benefitted from the use of a reflector on the subjects right positioned below the face to reflect light up, and onto his right side. Also from having the subject considerably farther from the background.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Thank you. Just the CC I needed. Much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back