Last edited:
Did some portrait work over the last few days
Tell me what you think and how I might be able improve these photos
Thanks kindly

REDO_final3_1.jpg
REDO_final3_1.jpg
REDO_final3_1.jpg

REDO_final11.jpg

Hmmmm...You have the images tagged right, and the link is correct, I can paste the link in a browser tab and the image shows...

The first I think is the best out of this series.

It seems that all of these have too harsh and flat lighting. There is not much depth to the model as well as it causing shadows. It also seems your cropping to close, or at bad spots. Never crop at the joints, like #2 (her elbow joint) and #4 (her hip). #1 her head and fingers are slightly cropped off as well. #3, She's partially cropped off towards the photograph right.

Keep these in mind for the next shoot :thumbup: It's always ok to shoot out a little farther out, so you can always go in PP and crop the way you want.

The first I think is the best out of this series.

It seems that all of these have too harsh and flat lighting. There is not much depth to the model as well as it causing shadows. It also seems your cropping to close, or at bad spots. Never crop at the joints, like #2 (her elbow joint) and #4 (her hip). #1 her head and fingers are slightly cropped off as well. #3, She's partially cropped off towards the photograph right.

Keep these in mind for the next shoot :thumbup: It's always ok to shoot out a little farther out, so you can always go in PP and crop the way you want.

Thanks kindly! these are things I would have never even thought about or picked out on my own... I have been focused on fast action sports events for so long and BTW this was my first portrait work
thanks again

I think the second one is the best out of the series

Most reactions

New Topics

Back