portrait

Dave Mathews is quite sexy in a serious, intense sort of way...and yes, I too think you look like him here! ;) I really like this shot, ferny. I like this kind of lighting. I did a shot (of my foot!) a while back with similar lighting, and I've been meaning ever since to do a series like it...

Great job!:thumbsup:

damn Ferney! just when i think i've got the girls looking my way you post this stuff :twisted: :wink:

excellent shot! i'm all over the b&w and grain is this. like Cruzin said, "You really should do more B&W people pictures "

Jon

ferny said:
I was very much in two minds about posting this, I still am. I asked advice from someone and they told me something about it I wasn't expecting (and not sure I full believe, sorry if you're reading this).

me_005.jpg

A very intense photo. I almost expect some monster to come out of the shadows.... but I'll take my medication now.

Great job Fern

just when i think i've got the girls looking my way you post this stuff
When they're finished showing me pity you can have them back. :)

Im loving what you concealed from our view..
Oh, and someone keep manda away from that leg shot I posted. ;)

Thank you all for the comments and for looking. :)

*gets Scott his coat, the one with the sewn sleeves and long arms*

Oh, exif data.

• Make - KONICA MINOLTA
    Model - DiMAGE Z10
    ExposureTime - 1/125 seconds
    FNumber - 3.20
    ExposureProgram - Manual control
    ISOSpeedRatings - 64
    MeteringMode - Multi-segment
    LightSource - Tungsten
    Flash - Not fired, compulsory flash mode
    ExposureMode - Manual
    WhiteBalance - Manual
    DigitalZoomRatio - 0.00 x
    FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 36 mm
    SceneCaptureType - Standard
    GainControl - None
    Contrast - Normal
    Saturation - Normal
    Sharpness - Normal
    SubjectDistanceRange - Macro

editing
crop and resize,
slight contrast and lighting edit as the original is very dark,
minor burning on the arm, hand and forehead,
added a little noise,
then cloned out the body which looked like a grey blob (I was rolled over slightly so my shoulder was in an "unflattering" position,
sorted out the bodged grain where I'd cloned.

Sounds a lot but only took a couple of minutes. 40watt lamp was the only light.

Cruzin said:
Whoa good picture! You really should do more B&W people pictures judging by this one.

I'm thinking something along these lines except... you really should do more pictures of YOU.

Wow. All this and your wit as well? And an English accent?

::swoon:: :D

(I can't believe I'm actually hitting the submit button. :oops:)

Aoide said:
Wow. All this and your wit as well? And an English accent?

::swoon:: :D

(I can't believe I'm actually hitting the submit button. :oops:)

I'll second that ... It's great ... the graininess and the lighting are perfect for this picture and just set the mood ... very mysterious and moody

All the tpf ladies will be thanking me for starting this whole self-p craze if you guys keep posting pics like these! :D :D

errant_star said:
All the tpf ladies will be thanking me for starting this whole self-p craze if you guys keep posting pics like these! :D :D

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah... did I forget to say the picture is great as well. I think the lighting is perfect.

errant_star said:
Is it alright if I thank you for posting yours? :)

These are the responses I wasn't expecting. Erm, and have no idea what to do with. Please excuse me whilst I go and hide under the stairs. Perhaps some gentle rocking to. Remember, all you can see is a forehead and an arm. You're lucky you can't see any more of my face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back