What's new

Portraits of a Starving Squirrel

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
645
Reaction score
140
Location
WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went on a hike a few weeks ago, but never around to processing these shots. We were at the top of the hike with a beautiful view of the lake below. The sky was kind of dull, so I decided to look around for some close up shots. This little squirrel was totally conditioned to hang out with humans, apparently. He was following another group around, since they had all the munchies :mrgreen: I was able to get pretty dang close to this little guy. Their body is literally 1-2 hand-widths apart, perhaps? I'm not too good at measuring things by sight, but I'd say they were about that big.

On a technical note, my little P&S camera is freaking amazing at macro shots! The sharpness was ridiculously awesome :hail: I barely had to do any adjustments in PP, apart from some contrast adjustments. Took like 2 minutes! YAY!

Without further ado ... let me present the starving squirrel! :D I hope it is a squirrel. It is, right? :blushing:


Squirrel by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Squirrel2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr


Squirrel3 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr
 
Aren't chipmunks a type of squirrel? They're just mini-sized?
 
For all of them? I'll edit it later and post it up.
 
He's a cute little 'munk; just too yellow. ;) But I would agree that they are all nicely crisp and sharp in the right places; you can almost touch the fur in the first one. The texture adds to the image.
 
Yes, they all seem slightly yellow to me.

The color is from too much tanning booth time; this is a Washington sub-species, the western Kardashian chipmunk!!!
 
Cat`s chased this squirrel up the front of my neighbors house, it hung upside down for hours, until it was dark and then it was gone.

John.

 
^^ LOL. Guess the fear response paralyzed for a bit too long ... But hey, evolution has trained it well! :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom