Portraits of my little guy!

ChckLiz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My son will be 5 months in a few days so I snapped some portraits of him and some for Christmas as well! Looking for C&C :) TIA!

I really like the look on his face in the first one. Being that he is super cute, I am sure you love them all.

But, I guess the others leave me scratching my head. Are they formal portraits? Snapshots? Lifestyle shots? I guess thats why I am not sure about commenting. I am not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for

Umm... formal I guess? They're definitely not snapshot, I had him posing for them.. so I guess formal would fit the shoot.

Yeah, I think for snaps they are cute. I have come to terms with snaps being really important in the life of a family. But they are soft and the "set" is very obviously a white comforter. What camera did you use?

1 & 6 are my favorites.

6 looks a little soft (missed focus, probably; his hands also look a little blurred, maybe he moved?)

1 is just cute as hell, lol. My daughter (1yr) is completely uninterested in mirrors...

I can understand the focus issues... Shooting kids (from my experience, which isn't extensive) is a pain in ass - they move around too much!

Yeah, I think for snaps they are cute. I have come to terms with snaps being really important in the life of a family. But they are soft and the "set" is very obviously a white comforter. What camera did you use?

Yes, snaps a very important ;) I did want them to be soft, that's what I was aiming for, not very sharp but not blurry (I know one or two of them are a bit blurry though, he's VERY active!) You're close on what I used, it's a white sheet. I'm currently in the process of getting the right equipment for this as I'm wanting to pursue this as a side career/hobby. I just used my kodak easy share... I'm waiting for my Nikon to come in the mail.. I sooooo can't wait! Very excited about it!

1 & 6 are my favorites.

6 looks a little soft (missed focus, probably; his hands also look a little blurred, maybe he moved?)

1 is just cute as hell, lol. My daughter (1yr) is completely uninterested in mirrors...

#1 is also my favorite, the mirror idea was just a fluke, I was using it to balance the light from the window so I wouldn't have a bad shadow and he kept looking at it.. so I tried it and loved it! ;) Here's another shot of it, I couldn't decide which I liked better, but I think this one is in more focus than the other.

Yeah, 6 is a bit soft, he moved his hands right as I took it and then fell over as soon as it snapped. Jonah LOVES to look at himself in the mirror, he's totally fasinated by his reflection, of course he then starts getting mad because he wants the 'baby' in the mirror :lol:, it's quiet amusing!

[...]Here's another shot of it, I couldn't decide which I liked better,[...]

I like the first one more. In the first one he's looking at his reflection, in the second one he's looking somewhere else (probably your reflection). I think it works better with him looking at his own reflection.

I think, its better to get really sharp clear photos and soften them in post processing. You cant undo a soft photo and you really want eyes to be sharp

Most reactions

New Topics

Back