Portraits

As the british would say, photo 1 is BRILLIANT. The posing, the lighting, the makeup, even the vignetting and post processing (looks like some split-toning) really add to it. Her hair is just amazing. I want to reach out and touch it. Her red hair goes very nicely with the purple in her dress and in the shadows. I've always been partial to red hair. :)

I'd be interested in knowing a little about your setup for that shot.

great shots. #2 #4 show great restraint in post; I know you could have pushed it a bit to play up that style, but I think they are spot on.

These are exceptional. The use of the color around you in #4 is brilliant. The use of posing here is a great example of how to show a mood with just the body alone. Great work.

# 1 & 4 are totally awesome :thumbup:

#1 is just great. Terrific pose and effect - classical.

1 2 and 4 are pretty awesome. Really dig your editing style

Wow great photos. Like someone else said, nice editing style.

The visual attention in a portrait is supposed to be on the eyes and the hands are not considered to be visually flattering. In #1, the hands are in front of the face and therefore distract the eye of the viewer. They are also over-exposed, possibly to reduce the detail that would even more distract the eye of the viewer. The necklace further directs the attention to the hands rather than the eyes. Skin tones are washed out in #1 as well which creates a very flat face which is also not flattering to the model.

The hand is the problem in #2 as well. It looks more like a claw and distracts the viewer's attention from the face as well.

In number 3, the subject is looking out of the frame and away from the camera which is also an approach that is negative in a portrait.

Number 4 has an over-exposed background and a clichee pose.

I was drawn directly to the eyes in every photo but the 3rd which I think that image is much more than just eyes.

the above critique is VERY picky and I politely disagree with everything that he/she said ha

Most reactions

Back