Portraits

A few more :) Click for bigger!

My take on something more classical :)

Something natural, almost a candid shot

And 2 shots with natural light, no modifiers used.

…and about street photo, I will post some soon as well.

Um. Wow? (on the first set anyway)

EDIT: Now I went back and read some of the other posts.

Really, guys? Can everyone just stop sniping at each other? I'm getting really tired of it. The OP has some images, over offered some opinions... OP then snipes back and dives into his stuff looking for a fight, etc? Really.

OP, if you're so confident in your work then there's really no need to discredit someone who has put time into giving you feedback. Just nod, smile, thank them and move on.

Everyone... play nice so I don't have to lock another thread. K? K.

#1 is amazing. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!!

#1: Looks great.

#2: This is my favorite of these four. I'm especially fond of the colors of the background combined with the model and her clothes' and accessories.

#3: In my opinion, the background takes away from the photo.

#4: I don't like this too much. I can't seem to pinpoint exactly why though.

With your obvious talent I think you could do better with the old woman portrait. She is too detached. But all the rest is indeed brilliant. Love it.

Thanks, but actually the old woman portrait is one of my truly best portraits. Even got selected by Vogue some time ago :)

Thanks, but actually the old woman portrait is one of my truly best portraits. Even got selected by Vogue some time ago :)

Oh well, who am I to critisize it then :oops: Still not my cup of tea.. Today's portrait - No 9 - looks very nice as well. Very.. Russian ? :D

7 nd 8 are simply wonderfull. 5 is so classic.

Last edited:
I'm with Geaux.

You have a talent for picking beautiful women ... and I definitely include #3 in that statement.

3. is the photo of my Grandmother. She passed away last week, was very sick for a long time. Detached? Yes, that's what I intended to capture. Anyway, I'm glad you like the rest :)

3. is the photo of my Grandmother. She passed away last week, was very sick for a long time. Detached? Yes, that's what I intended to capture. Anyway, I'm glad you like the rest :)

That explains a lot. Please accept my sincere condolences.

I really like #5....simple, natural pose and the more I look at it the more stunning it appears. Your usage of the light is incredible . It along with #1 are inspirational for a beginner like me. Thanks for sharing

Welcome to the forum, Chris! You have a lovely set of images here. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your grandmother - you have a wonderful portrait of her here.

I love the whimsical feel of #4 - just beautiful! #5 is also very strong, and the lighting is terrific.

Although I appreciate why it's well liked, your first image comes off as a bit over-processed for my tastes. You did an excellent job with it, it's just borderline plastic-y for me. I am guessing you follow pretty much the same workflow, and it just is not as apparent in images like #4 and 5? Maybe? :)

Wonderful work - happy to have you on board! :)

Most reactions

Back