Posing Basics

frankiemog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. My name is Frank, I'm new here and first wanted to say hello. I've had an in and out relationship with photography since high school and recently as a gift my wife upgraded my camera to a D3500. This has only helped me drive her nuts :1247:.

I'm interested in portrait and boudoir photography and I'm really struggling with directing the poses. Perhaps part of my issue is not knowing exactly what I want, hmm. However, I'm just not sure how to achieve the pose that will flatter her the most.

Just looking for some advice or material to study up on.

Thanks!

Hello Frankie, welcome to the forum,

what I do is google for images that I like and have it printed and show it to the model as the pose that I want her to copy. :)

Also I just discovered very recently that if you become a supporting member, (supporting membership) is very cheap IIRC about US30$ per year. it will entitle you to view the forum subsection . I have seen so many talented photographers showcase their talent there. You might consider that. :)
Disclaimer : I am not in anyway connected to this website except as a supporting member and I feel that my membership is really value for the money. :)

NSFW/Nude Photos

Last edited:
Hello Frankie, welcome to the forum,

what I do is google for images that I like and have it printed and show it to the model as the pose that I want her to copy. :)

Also I just discovered very recently that if you become a supporting member, (supporting membership) is very cheap IIRC about US30$ per year. it will entitle you to view the forum subsection . I have seen so many talented photographers showcase their talent there. You might consider that. :)
Disclaimer : I am not in anyway connected to this website except as a supporting member and I feel that my membership is really value for the money. :)

NSFW/Nude Photos
Hmmm.. I'll have to consider this.

been looking at this guys video.. it hits on many things i have said myself.

its what people think of you, not what you can do that matters.

photoshop is not everything.

wish i had a way to do my on camera flash to a negative stop value

Most reactions

Back