Possible charges against Mo. professor

Good

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's allllll on video, with good audio. Charges would be easy to file, probably fairly easy to prove in court, if it goes that far. And it should go that far; we cannot have media representatives being shut down by bands of ignorant college kids being led by ignorant, young assistant professors who have no knowledge of the laws of this country. The University of Missouri has been a respected journalism university for a long time; Click's actions were a disgrace to such a program.

It's allllll on video, with good audio. Charges would be easy to file, probably fairly easy to prove in court, if it goes that far. And it should go that far; we cannot have media representatives being shut down by bands of ignorant college kids being led by ignorant, young assistant professors who have no knowledge of the laws of this country. The University of Missouri has been a respected journalism university for a long time; Click's actions were a disgrace to such a program.
Apparently the "mass media communication" course she teaches isn't part of the journalism school. The journalism school actually revoked her guest speaking privileges at their campus. :)
A blogger I follow posted a list of her "academic" credentials. A joke. Personally I relish the irony of a professor losing her job because of her behavior during a protest to force an administrator out of his.

According to the KWCH story referenced above, Click is an , "assistant professor of mass media at the university's School of Communications," and after she issued her public apology, "Later that day, Click resigned her courtesy appointment with the university's prestigious School of Journalism."

And yeah...sometimes irony seems kinda' sweet.

What about charges against the other woman who got the crowd to start pushing the reporter?

What about charges against the other woman who got the crowd to start pushing the reporter?

I think you mean Janna Basler.
My guess her job is gone but whether she has done anything legally actionable is yet to be seen. I think she may have taken, or tried to take, the camera phone from the man who filmed the incident and she may be at risk for that.

This may end up being a huge wet, cold dose of reality for many of those students and they may yet regret their moment in the limelight.
The same process at Amherst is even more objectionable.

At most schools, Journalism is within the School of Communications. Hence the extreme irony. MO has been more than a respected journalism school. It has been considered one of the top journalism schools in the nation ... for decades.

Charge the rich spoiled kids with stupidity while they are at it. See what happens when their hard working parents stop paying for their school.

using tapatalk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back