Possibly the best I've ever taken?

Yea, much better job. I liked the snow picture you had previously before you replaced it with the fountain picture.
And Tulsa, glad your in a good mood, let's keep it that way!

Oh and to the OP, I think something should be explained a bit more to you. When someone says a photo is "not interesting" they aren't necessarily talking about the subject matter itself. Most people on here are more saying that the photo is not "visually stimulating." I can look at a photo of subject I care nothing about, like a fruit or something but if the composition is great, the perspective is cool, and the exposure is nailed, its a visually interesting photo and I will probably like it. Get what I'm saying?
Basically, I may not care about the subject but I can respect the photo.

Yea, much better job. I liked the snow picture you had previously before you replaced it with the fountain picture.
And Tulsa, glad your in a good mood, let's keep it that way!

Oh and to the OP, I think something should be explained a bit more to you. When someone says a photo is "not interesting" they aren't necessarily talking about the subject matter itself. Most people on here are more saying that the photo is not "visually stimulating." I can look at a photo of subject I care nothing about, like a fruit or something but if the composition is great, the perspective is cool, and the exposure is nailed, its a visually interesting photo and I will probably like it. Get what I'm saying?
Basically, I may not care about the subject but I can respect the photo.
ha to late and i'm not sure what pic yourt talking about

edit: oo the tracks in the snow just a sec i'll post it back up. ahhh that makes more sense thank you.

Exposure and focus are better, but they are still not very interesting

When I first picked up my DSLR, everything was interesting and I wanted to shoot everything that I saw. That's probably how the OP feels now. Eventually, shooting everything will teach him about composition and he'll end up shooting cookie-cutter things that are interesting to today's media. Then we'll all be happy! :)

/endsarcasm

P.S. <3 your replies Gary (no sarcasm :))

Take a trip to the library and look at as many photographers as you can until you can until you find one you like and study the shots, try and see where the light is coming from then try and recreate the shot you will learn a lot
By the way if you hadn't mentioned snowboarding i wouldn't have known what shot 1 was

Even as a snowboarding enthusiast, I find your pictures to be uninteresting...

The color in the first is very good tho... seems like you could have taken advantage of that a little more with a slightly more artistic angle...

where are the snowboarding action shots?

The idea of blowing the bubble being slightly blurred is really cool!

but setting of that shot is way too ordinary and boring

i do agree and with work and school i cant go snowboarding except when it snows at my house :lol:

actually snowing now and we'll prob have off 2morrow so i may take pics of my friends we'll see:D

You seem to be going in ten different directions at the same time. Slow down. If your gonna use backgrounds then your gonna need lights. Did you ever read the children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." Photography is lot like that. If you want a background to shoot portraits I would recommend silvelakephoto.com. 10X12 or 10X20 they sell new for about $270.00 up. They also sell a lot on ebay for less. You'll also need a background stand. They sell those too.

UGH... you're so right... lol. I want a camera, ok I got a camera... I gotta get some photo books so I can learn... I see all those pretty pictures, so now I need lenses, because I see what kind of shot I can get with a certain lens.. but to get those shots I need to learn about light. ok, now I need a flash... ok got a flash. but I find out i can take that flash off the camera??! now I need a stand, umbrella, wireless trigger (but wait, i'll need like 3 of that set once I figure out how to use one of them), ok now I want to do portraits, so now I need backdrop stand and backdrop... but I can also do portraits outside, and I need to get reflectors and diffusers... and holy crap... you can EDIT these photos too? I need a computer, and the right software, an extra harddrive b/c raw files are so big... did I mention a bag or something to put all this crap in??! LOL, this is the most expensive hobby ever...

Good analogy with the children's book.. "if you give someone a camera..." lol!!! :lol:

Exposure and focus are better, but they are still not very interesting

When I first picked up my DSLR, everything was interesting and I wanted to shoot everything that I saw. That's probably how the OP feels now. Eventually, shooting everything will teach him about composition and he'll end up shooting cookie-cutter things that are interesting to today's media. Then we'll all be happy! :)

/endsarcasm

P.S. <3 your replies Gary (no sarcasm :))

lol, yup! just today I was messing around with different auto focus settings and I have about 100 pictures of my toes... blurry toes, focused toes, zoom in toes... :)

Most reactions

Back