Post your Christmas (bokeh) lights pics!

That's a nice shot Daniel!

O||||||||||||||||O's is 3 kinds of awesome, however!
;)

LoL...Excellent! I've read many of your C&C's throughout this forum Bitter Jeweler...I respect your opinion. After all, you certainly appear to have a handle on this whole photography thing! Cheers!!

Not sure how I feel about this one yet.

DSC_0038.jpg

LoL...Excellent! I've read many of your C&C's throughout this forum Bitter Jeweler...I respect your opinion. After all, you certainly appear to have a handle on this whole photography thing! Cheers!!

Heh, thanks. :D
Just remember, I should be taken with a grain of salt! :thumbup:

I have been so busy...Didn't get a single "fall" photo, and now Xmas lights are passing me by all too quickly. :x

119297556.jpg
120230660.jpg
Nikon 200/2 at f/2.8
Canon 70-200 2.8L IS-USM at f/2.8

120230662.jpg
120233059.jpg

cat waiting for Santa, Dec 22 at 10:22 PM. 35mm f/2 AF-D wide open

panning EOS 5D 24-105L at f/4.5 at 1/8 second ISO 125

Last edited:
I'm not getting any feedback on my posts so I assume that they aren't great. Being noobish, I simply can't tell. Regardless, I went and made a second attempt at this lastnight. I think my second attempt is better than my first (posted further back in this thread). As always, C&C welcomed and appreciated. Brutal honesty works best...I'm a big boy! LoL

Enjoy!

MerryMickey-002.jpg

If you're talking about posts in this thread not getting C&C, that's because threads like this that are more theme oriented and open to everyone post pics in aren't really geared towards C&C. If you want specific C&C, it's usually best to start a thread of your own with one to four pics (more than that and it's just difficult for folks to critique each one), state what you were trying to accomplish, and ask specific questions about what you want feedback on. Questions like, "I was trying to do this with the composition, how did I do and how can I improve?" or "I'm trying for depth of field with aperture but I'm having trouble with exposure, how is the exposure here?" and so on...

For this particular pic, I love the composition; it fits the theme of the thread perfectly; your white balance looks off to me as the whites do not look white.

...state what you were trying to accomplish, and ask specific questions about what you want feedback on. Questions like, "I was trying to do this with the composition, how did I do and how can I improve?" or "I'm trying for depth of field with aperture but I'm having trouble with exposure, how is the exposure here?" and so on...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'd be posting, but I don't have Christmas lights up. ;)

If you're talking about posts in this thread not getting C&C, that's because threads like this that are more theme oriented and open to everyone post pics in aren't really geared towards C&C. If you want specific C&C, it's usually best to start a thread of your own with one to four pics (more than that and it's just difficult for folks to critique each one), state what you were trying to accomplish, and ask specific questions about what you want feedback on. Questions like, "I was trying to do this with the composition, how did I do and how can I improve?" or "I'm trying for depth of field with aperture but I'm having trouble with exposure, how is the exposure here?" and so on...

For this particular pic, I love the composition; it fits the theme of the thread perfectly; your white balance looks off to me as the whites do not look white.

Thanks for the input!! I appreciate you taking the time! Furthermore, I agree that the white balance seems a little wonky! Cheers!

- Dan

Hey guys! So, I got inspired to try a bokeh, and messed around with my camera until I learned how this effect is actually achieved :) This is my first bokeh ever, and I hope to take more because I like the effect. Let me know what you think.

4182637287_f87978205f.jpg

Photo Information:
Camera - Olympus E-420
Lens - Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-f5.6

I forgot to take it in RAW format, so I don't remember the other settings =\ I'll do better next time ;)

Wow, I love the ornament pic. How you do it? What lens and settings if you remember?

Some gorgeous pics on here!

I love this time of year! The lights, the music, the general "feeling" of it... I don't celebrate it myself (so I have nothing nearby to take shots of), but I still enjoy it!

You've inspired me to go out and take some shots around the neighborhood.

Scout, WTF is that thing? A mouse holding a star?
Here is one more I tried today with some more colored beads.

4182197589_0e51d7a122.jpg

This is my first post, so please be gentle! This is a quick pic and I know it isn't great. The snowman is not in focus and it is too dark. It has bokeh though!

DSC_0005.jpg

Most reactions

Back