Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

I shoot both depending on subject. If there is going to be a ton of shots ie sports then digital for sure. Otherwise film for me. It is a little costly and getting worse all the time. Someday I may be priced out but for now I’ll still use it.
I guess I’ve adapted to the convenience of digital more than I realized. The last time I used a film camera was about 2005. It has been all digital since I restarted the hobby two years ago. I won’t write off film completely, though.

Yes, at $35 a roll for 10 shots with 67 is crazy expensive. Self developing at about $1 a shot much more reasonable. With 645 15 shots, 75 cents a shot is ok and gets me through a roll faster than 36 which seems to take for ever at 38 cents a shot. My biggest film cost was developing and scanning by a lab.
I have considered self developing. It would certainly be the less expensive and time saving way to go. I was able to scan the Yashica negatives with my DSLR. That saved me a bit as well.

I have been wanting a dark room for decades and should probably just go ahead and make one. There is room for both types of photography. 2 weeks ago I took my Canon A-1 with motordrive and my 50D to my grandson’s soccer games. He had 2 and I shot one game with each camera. I found with the 50D I just fired away with no care in the world and had to go through a LOT of shots to get the ones I liked best. With the A-1 I was much more selective with my shots. I am taking the roll to the lab today and I’ll know next week how they turned out. And that is one of the things I like about film, anticipation. Bottom line is you can get great photos with either medium, shoot what make you happy.

I have been wanting a dark room for decades and should probably just go ahead and make one. There is room for both types of photography. 2 weeks ago I took my Canon A-1 with motordrive and my 50D to my grandson’s soccer games. He had 2 and I shot one game with each camera. I found with the 50D I just fired away with no care in the world and had to go through a LOT of shots to get the ones I liked best. With the A-1 I was much more selective with my shots. I am taking the roll to the lab today and I’ll know next week how they turned out. And that is one of the things I like about film, anticipation. Bottom line is you can get great photos with either medium, shoot what make you happy.
I agree. Hope you got some good ones. And, yes, it’s a blast having your own darkroom. Best of luck with it.

Just developed, been playing around with some low light evening shots - and a submarine..

OM-3Ti - Portra 400 - Mixture of lenses.

19-2.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

Really wanting to process some film! Got some C-41 chemicals ready to mix, but I haven't found the time. Should have a chance in the next couple of weeks. I've got 5 or 6 rolls of 35mm and 120 film to soup.

MIGHT try one last roll thru my old chemicals, but they are 9 months along with 12 or 13 rolls. Might be just fine, but might not. Still pondering.

Taken with a Ricoh XR-P with unknown date Kodak 400 From a moving truck.
broadhead002696-R1-E002.jpg

Taken with a Minolta Maxxum 7000 with a Tamaron 400mm lens on Fuji Superia 400. They were way out there. Middle of the day
Broadhead003116-R1-030-13A.jpg

Morning Bear Lake. Canon AL-QF with Fuji Superia 400
Broadhead003117-R1-036-16A.jpg

I'm cheating and doing two from the same roll, because I just had 4 developed and this was the only roll with anything I really liked on it.

Voigtlander Bessa R, Santa RAE 1000. First time shooting this film and I love it. Very crisp!
A08905.jpeg

A08925.jpeg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back