potpourri

SoMa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. First off I have to say that this is an extremely informative site and thanks in advance to all the help i know I'll get here.

I wanted to see what you all thought about some of the pictures ive taken recently. (just acquired a Canon Rebel XTi) As far as experience, im a total noob.

chips.png

thorns.png

ceo1.png

wall2.png

Downtown.png

pffft... nice pics for a noob. :lol:

I love texture shots and close-ups. Particularly liked 2. 1 was kinda neat from a texture perspective, but what bummed me out was I instantly knew what it was. I personally like texture shots that make you go "ok, what the hell is that?" This is just my personal weirdness, however. Feel free to ignore me. :)

5 is wicked cool. Really. Awesome shot. I love pictures that make religion look spooky. Totally cracks me up. I have one of religious statues on my wall at work that freaks people out all of the time. Again, my personal weirdness. :lol:

On 3... I'm not sure how it would have suited the composition, but here is an interesting idea. If you took the picture from more to the left, it would have brought more of that guy into the sun. This would have allowed you to bring the exposure of the sky down a bit, giving you more of the blue. I am obsessed with getting blue skies and big white clouds into pictures. Standard rule: err on the side of properly or even under-exposing skies if at all possible.

Great shots all around.

thanks manaheim and ronenfox! Ive got to admit ive been photoshopping for years and i read up on clearing up photos before posting... kinda cheated i suppose. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back