practice with self portrait and effects C&C

SuperMom30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I would practice by doing some self-portaits and useing diff settings on cam and play with the effects would love some C&C. I know I am by far a model :oops: but trying to learn my cam and all the stuff that comes with it.

mebed-1.jpg

mesun-1.jpg

mewindow-1.jpg

mewindow2-1.jpg

metree-3.jpg

6. I know the contrast is WAY to high and Im blown out
mecamart-2.jpg

#1 Looks like a myspace shot.

I like #2.

#3 your cheeks are blown out.

I like #4.

I like #5.

#6 you got it. Way too much contrast and it's blown out.

Someone may come to give you better advice than I can. I just know what I see.

Well, you're not a bad subject, first of all; a pretty lady!

1. I like it, pretty sexy, and you got the focus right on the eyes. If possible, eliminate whatever light source is behind your legs if you try it again.

2. The backlighting is nice, but I don't care for the lens flare.

3. This one's nice too. The cheeks being blown out may be because it was taken in JPG format. JPG doesn't cope well with a lot of mid-tones.

4. I don't like this one, though it shows that you have nice eyes. I dont' like the couch in the foreground or the stuff in the background, but I do realize that candid portraits will often have this clutter. You might try a large aperture lens to help eliminate or blur the stuff in the background. A 50mm f/2 is a great lens to have for portraiture.

5. Excllent. I love this one. I wouldn't change anything except to make it bigger. B&W portraits are so classy, and the contrast between your dark eyes & hair and your face are just great.

6. I think this one would look better in B&W. It would draw my eye more towards your eye, and less towards the purple lens coating. In B&W, the contrast would be a benefit rather than a detriment.

It takes guts to post self portraits, but at least you always have a willing subject. Rembrandt learned a lot from his self portraits, and as a side benefit, we knew what he looked like.

Well, you're not a bad subject, first of all; a pretty lady!

1. I like it, pretty sexy, and you got the focus right on the eyes. If possible, eliminate whatever light source is behind your legs if you try it again.

2. The backlighting is nice, but I don't care for the lens flare.

3. This one's nice too. The cheeks being blown out may be because it was taken in JPG format. JPG doesn't cope well with a lot of mid-tones.

4. I don't like this one, though it shows that you have nice eyes. I dont' like the couch in the foreground or the stuff in the background, but I do realize that candid portraits will often have this clutter. You might try a large aperture lens to help eliminate or blur the stuff in the background. A 50mm f/2 is a great lens to have for portraiture.

5. Excllent. I love this one. I wouldn't change anything except to make it bigger. B&W portraits are so classy, and the contrast between your dark eyes & hair and your face are just great.

6. I think this one would look better in B&W. It would draw my eye more towards your eye, and less towards the purple lens coating. In B&W, the contrast would be a benefit rather than a detriment.

It takes guts to post self portraits, but at least you always have a willing subject. Rembrandt learned a lot from his self portraits, and as a side benefit, we knew what he looked like.

Thank you! :hug:: I tried to redo some of the things you pointed out. I think 36 was to blown out to save. Thenk you for all the complments I am a so behinde the camera person and do not like photo's of me so really had to pull up my big girl panties on this one:oops:

mebedretouch.jpg

metree-4.jpg

mecamart-3.jpg

The second set looks MUCH better, but to get less of the "myspace" feel from #1, need a remote shutter release - the outstretched arm is a dead giveaway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back