Pregnant jumper

Thanks a lot for that information. Much appreciated. I have Focus bracketing and Focus stacking built-in to my camera that I have used when I have come across an insect that would stay still for me. All this is done handheld since I don't like carrying a tripod out into the field. I don't tend to go over 25 stacks handheld and I am not using the smallest aperture I could (and since I'm not I really don't need the full 25 stacks) because even with the IBIS its sometimes a little to much movement. Wish my hands were steadier. But I really want to do some focus stacking in a controlled environment, using a tripod and a diopter on my lens. My main issue was how to get an insect to stay still. I'll have to look into the CO2.

Maybe when I get enough practice in I'll get something like the Canon lens you are using. I think it would work real well on my camera but I have exhausted my funds for lenses for now especially after seeing the price of one. But to be able to do up to 5x magnification would be cool. Is that lens something you would highly recommend?

I would recommend the canon MP-E 65mm on a Canon body but I'm just not sure how well it would adapt to another camera or how well it would work with in camera stacking. You could probably get just as good result from using extension tubes to increase magnification. Basically thats all the MP-E 65 really does is extend to simulate a built in variable extension tube. I use Zerene for all my stacks which give a lot of control to correct small movements in most cases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back