Pricing a studio photoshoot with clothing company(Help)

cmessickphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all

I need some advice on pricing a 4 hour photo shoot for a local clothing company in Washington. All of the work I have completed so far has been mainly freelance and this is my opportunity to break in to product and fashion photography.

I am currently building a studio for them in their warehouse that I am getting compensated for and then will begin as there photographer and having a shoot every other week. The shoots usually take around 3-4 hours with two models switching out. There will be a little post processing although not much with my lighting.

How much would you charge per shoot?

Last edited:
What's your regular, hourly rate? A job like this, I would bill as straight time: Four hours shooting, one hour set-up, 30 minutes tear-down... $687.50

Which Washington? The state or DC?
If it's the state, one of the major cities or one of the smaller cities?
Case Study: Producing A Successful Estimate - Digital Photo Pro

I would charge my commercial 1/2 day plus my hourly rate beyond 4 hours - total: $1500, plus use licensing the images. How much licensing would cost them would depend on the range of usage.
:: PLUS :: License Generator
fotoQuote® Pro 7 - Stock Photo Pricing Guide from Cradoc fotoSoftware
How to write a license | American Society of Media Photographers

Basically, we cannot answer your question. We have no idea what your expenses, overhead and costs are, nor how much you desire for profit.

IF I get to do this twice a month, every month... and IF I merely walk in and shoot in their space (with their lighting already in place)...

I would offer them a substantial discount. I'd do it for $1600/month.

But I HATE carrying equipment, so I'd be happy. If I have to schlep my lighting in every time, the price goes up... more like $2000/month.

For me, I value the steady stream of work and would even discuss a bit less if promised 24 shoots/year.

Good luck!
-Pete

Most reactions

Back