Proud Photography?

gargoyle1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So.. I did a quick search on the forum and saw that someone else posted the same question over a year ago, but didn't get too many replies so just wanted to bring it up again...

Has anyone tried Proud Photography, the banner on top of the forum? Looks interesting, and I'm sure I can learn a lot from it.

$98.00 won't kill me, but it's not nickels and dimes for me either..so just wanted to see if anyone has any input before I shell out $100 bucks.

Thanks!

To add to my question, I've always wondered how the rest of you got started with photography.

For me, I picked up the oldie eos 10D a little over a year ago, and have brought it with me everywhere I go. I've learned probably the most just from experience (i.e. seeing what turns out good, what turns out horrible) learned how taking photos at night w/out a tripod the hard way (300mb of wasted photos). And on top of that, I've visited forums, read online, read through books and magazines here and there.

But sadly, I still don't even fully understand something as simple as aperture; hence the reason I'm looking to get into some program or online course.

I got started with a photography class in high school that taught me all the basics. At the time I enjoyed it but didn't pursue it much because it was all film back then. After getting my first DSLR years latter it all came rushing back to me. Since then, I am pretty much like you. Take tons of pictures, see what works and what doesn't. And listen closely to pro photographers when I have the chance.

I don't know what pride is exactly, but if it is an online photo class, I can guarantee you you could learn more from just being on this forum regularly. Heck I bet if you start a thread entitled, "teach me photography" the very nice people on this forum will tell you, explain to you, show you everything you need to know.

The best thing to do is take pictures, have them critiqued. And look at others pictures and ask how they were taken.

Most reactions

Back