Pup high key - C & C please

I don't think this works at all. It just looks off. I don't know what the original looks like and wonder if the exposure was off. I'd scrap this and start over from scratch from the original I think.

Here is the original. Raw to jpg in ACR with no adjustments. I resized for upload.View attachment 178799

The histogram in ACR. I see now that it doesn't go to full white.
View attachment 178800
what about something like this?
dogedit.jpg

I don't always accomplish it, but I'm trying harder to plan ahead on shots. Knowing up front what I intend for the final image to be, keeps me on track. Was the intent of the shot a High Key, or was it an afterthought?

It does work better I think Paige in the B&W you did.

For me this is one of those photos that unless it's something really significant I scrap it and move on, because otherwise it's going to take a lot of time and work to get anything worthwhile. If I knew the image is good, I'd work on it; if it's something maybe disappointing but not that important or easy enough to photograph again, that's when I am aggravated with myself that I messed up the exposure! but it's not worth it so I'll just try again.

I don't always accomplish it, but I'm trying harder to plan ahead on shots. Knowing up front what I intend for the final image to be, keeps me on track. Was the intent of the shot a High Key, or was it an afterthought?

I was taking photos of hornets and saw Quincy sitting. This was a quick photo of him. I'll reshoot with more intent based on everyone's posts. Very helpful.

. This was a quick photo of him. I'll reshoot with more intent

I kinda thought so, I've seen enough of your "more intent" shots to believe you'll come up with something outstanding!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back