What's new

Puppy pictures

lawrencek328

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
87
Reaction score
5
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys just got my first dslr and one of my first shots feel free to give feedback (even really harsh ones that's how we learn)
canon t5i 18-55 kit lens
$1403182_3654440296021_510271929_o (1).webp
 
They look like best friends! :) Healthy and beautiful.

Try taking them outdoors when you try again (but no harsh overhead sun), and play with DOF against bushes or other greenery in the background. You'll learn a lot, and probably end up with a few keepers of these guys. Keep shooting!
 
Cute dogs, especially the grey one. One thing I picked up (actually, I think on this very forum) is that getting down on the same level as the dog really helps. I took this one of my dog while he was laying down at the patio door. I had the camera practically on the ground and I think it turned out ok.

$DSC_1094.webp
 
American bulldogs?

Wow, they are beautiful. The blue almost looks a bit brindled?
 
jl1975, one problem I had is that they are playful puppies and when I got to eye level they would run at me like i was wanting to play :P
jenk they are american bullys, my pitbull and olde english bulldog gave birth I kept the one on the left and gave the one on the right to my friend, yes he is a blue brindle :)
 
LOVE them - oooohhh so cute

Good Luck - doggies always are great to practice with. My Wesite sees me open up my studio and he prances in and props up and waits for me
Have tons of pics of him
 
Try putting them up on a table like this one (with studio lighting)

IMG_3983%201b%20w-XL.jpg
 
will do :) once I finish training them it should be cake but theyre only 12 weeks old in that picture up top
gary do you recall what kind of lens you used for that picture?
 
Cute pups, my parents just got a puppy too!
$Maggie-bed.webp
Puppies are a fun challenge, I took that one of Maggie last week. She is also very playful but use that to your advantage to capture some great expressions. I held the camera to my eye with my finger on the trigger and would bob and weave in front her while calling her name. Her head would follow me and perk up when I called her. That technique led to the photo above :) It also reaaaally helps to have someone else with you to play with them, dangle a toy, etc. Letting you focus on getting the shot. Good luck and post more later!
 
will do :) once I finish training them it should be cake but theyre only 12 weeks old in that picture up top
gary do you recall what kind of lens you used for that picture?

Canon 24-70f2.8L

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom