Pure Michigan

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Vernors - If you have had it you know. If you have not had it, then you don't know.

37344-1511795174-d5d1647943600a8b7a0a68455c34e766.jpg

They sell it at Walmart here in CT. I've never picked it up though.

It's pretty much the only pop I drink. I drink diet Vernors. I like Coke Zero, and diet Dr. Pepper occasionally.

I mean no harm, but It’s got to be better than Moxie (cola).

I think it still has the fish lobster oil in it.

Like other sodas it was initially a medicinal "tonic" when it first came out. Everyone says it's not as "potent" now than it was in the past. Supposed to be good for virility!

Like other sodas it was initially a medicinal "tonic" when it first came out. Everyone says it's not as "potent" now than it was in the past. Supposed to be good for virility!

It kinda tastes like spicy pond water. I thought you downeastahs were supposed to love that stuff.

It kinda tastes like spicy pond water. I thought you downeastahs were supposed to love that stuff.
I grew up in Michigan. Made my way to Maine about 11 years ago. After stops in several other areas.

As a transplanted Kentuckian to Michigan, I've never really acquired a taste for Vernor's, but the boss lady has. I did discover the "Boston Cooler", which is Vernor's and vanilla ice cream blended. Now, that's a great drink. The "Boston" part of the cooler doesn't refer to the city, nor the Detroit neighborhood near Mr. Vernor's drugstore. Remains a mystery, but a tasty one at that.

Most reactions

Back