Purity

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just returned from a 4 night adventure to the southern Oregon coast. I was treated to good light several times and look forward to getting around to more of the photos when I get time. I'll be heading out to eastern Oregon soon for another trip.

Purity by Majeed Badizadegan, on Flickr

Last edited:
You're getting really really good at this sort of thing.

I think it might behoove you at this point to ask yourself if this is the kind of thing you want to do. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing -- at all. LOTS and LOTS of people love these pictures. This is an insanely popular kind of thing, and you are a genuinely skilled practitioner of the form. These pictures are very attractive. They're marketable. They have many many desirable properties. I don't think that they're important picture, though. If this is what you want to do, far be it from me to say you shouldn't. My personal take, though, and this is merely my opinion, is that your talent could be better used. I think you could make important pictures.

I think it might behoove you at this point to ask yourself if this is the kind of thing you want to do. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing -- at all. LOTS and LOTS of people love these pictures. This is an insanely popular kind of thing, and you are a genuinely skilled practitioner of the form. These pictures are very attractive. They're marketable. They have many many desirable properties. I don't think that they're important picture, though. If this is what you want to do, far be it from me to say you shouldn't. My personal take, though, and this is merely my opinion, is that your talent could be better used. I think you could make important pictures.

I am completely with amolitor here. The net is oversaturated with this kind of lookalike (mostly oversaturated) images. I admire your technique and skill, and I will probably never do this kind of shot as good as you do, but, yes, amolitor found a very good word for it: "not important". This is the kind of a striking wallpaper image that people with an educated taste will never use as their wallpaper. If you know what I mean.

I did not intend my remarks to be in any way denigrating to the picture, for the record. It is a genuinely excellent picture. "important" is not the be-all and end-all, it's just a thing, and a vaguely defined one at that.

And your horizon is tilted!! ;)

What does that mean?

With the thread title I thought you were going to write a little about me. Darn. Maybe next time. As for this image, I love it. The colors are beautiful. You know how those pastels get me.

Last edited:
A beautiful photo. Nice composition with pleasing colors and tones.
I imagine it was a wonderful day.

As for whether or not it's important? I don't really care.
The act of creating something is important enough for me.
I feel sorry for all the jaded cynics afraid to shoot for fear of looking cliche.
Their loss I suppose.

Do you have a hidden link to your "important" pictures amolitor? I wouldn't mind checking those out. If Majeed clearly excels at this type of photography, and obviously enjoys it then why in the world would it matter to you what he is shooting?

Lovely work, Majeed! I really hope to get to see the Oregon coast one day; one of our nation's "quiet jewels", I think! :)

Before anyone proceeds further putting up their dukes, we are simply hearing different comments about the making of this image. I haven't read anything negative about it at all - just the opposite, really. Majeed is certainly intelligent enough to figure it out. He can hold his own here. ;)

Can't photographers discuss their various approach to the craft without exciting drama? Where's the fun anymore?

I guess my question would be, "What constitutes an important image then?" I would say any image that one would create, and that they love would have some importance. That is all I am saying. Okay, back on track here.

In case it's not perfectly clear, my thoughts apropos this picture have been fully stated and I have no more to add.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back