Purity

I guess my question would be, "What constitutes an important image then?" I would say any image that one would create, and that they love would have some importance. That is all I am saying. Okay, back on track here.

I think everyone has his/her own understanding of what "an important" image is. I may see it completely different from what amolitor means, but the word clicked there immediately with me. Because it is a great image, by a very good, talented photographer and yet makes the result almost not worth the talent to me. It is difficult to explain especially with my poor English.. "Style over substance" would be a grossly simplified explanation. But we all have our opinions and I am sure that the OP is not offended.

Really nice, Majeed! I do think the horizon is slightly tilted, but that is a small nit-pick. Otherwise, the colors make this picture fantastic! ...I need to get myself a big 9/10 ND!

This seems like the perfect time to just say "I like it, a lot".

Very very pretty. Landscapes are never my thing, but some people here produce some really beautiful ones.

You're getting really really good at this sort of thing.

I think it might behoove you at this point to ask yourself if this is the kind of thing you want to do. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing -- at all. LOTS and LOTS of people love these pictures. This is an insanely popular kind of thing, and you are a genuinely skilled practitioner of the form. These pictures are very attractive. They're marketable. They have many many desirable properties. I don't think that they're important picture, though. If this is what you want to do, far be it from me to say you shouldn't. My personal take, though, and this is merely my opinion, is that your talent could be better used. I think you could make important pictures.

Huh....when I thought of important pictures, I thought about stuff like this...
Hindenburg_disaster%2C_1937.jpg

Maybe you could make a career in airship disaster pictures, Majeed! THIS SHOT was a reasonably important picture. Although it was not THE most-important shot of this event, this was once considered an important picture. I mean, back in its day, it was important. But nowadays, it's not so important. There have been a few hundred trillion more photos snapped since this one was made. But...again...long ago, it was an important picture.

[
This file is a work of a sailor or employee of the U.S. Navy, taken or made as part of that person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the image is in the public domain.]

Seaside? Lovely photo!

This is southern Oregon coast. I think seaside is more north

With the thread title I thought you were going to write a little about me. Darn. Maybe next time. As for this image, I love it. The colors are beautiful. You know how those pastels get me.

Thanks you KT!

You're getting really really good at this sort of thing. I think it might behoove you at this point to ask yourself if this is the kind of thing you want to do. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing -- at all. LOTS and LOTS of people love these pictures. This is an insanely popular kind of thing, and you are a genuinely skilled practitioner of the form. These pictures are very attractive. They're marketable. They have many many desirable properties. I don't think that they're important picture, though. If this is what you want to do, far be it from me to say you shouldn't. My personal take, though, and this is merely my opinion, is that your talent could be better used. I think you could make important pictures.

Hey sorry for the late response. I've read the responses but haven't had time to sit down and respond.

It is flattering that you think I could make important pictures. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, perhaps you could provide some samples?

I am completely with amolitor here. The net is oversaturated with this kind of lookalike (mostly oversaturated) images. I admire your technique and skill, and I will probably never do this kind of shot as good as you do, but, yes, amolitor found a very good word for it: "not important". This is the kind of a striking wallpaper image that people with an educated taste will never use as their wallpaper. If you know what I mean.

I use landscape photography wallpapers as my desktop (the ones that came with windows). I think I'm educated, but maybe not.

A beautiful photo. Nice composition with pleasing colors and tones. I imagine it was a wonderful day. As for whether or not it's important? I don't really care. The act of creating something is important enough for me. I feel sorry for all the jaded cynics afraid to shoot for fear of looking cliche. Their loss I suppose.

It was a very pretty morning. The act of witnessing beauty and being able to capture it, thereby "creating something" is my driving force!

This seems like the perfect time to just say "I like it, a lot".
Very very pretty. Landscapes are never my thing, but some people here produce some really beautiful ones.

Thanks to all of you.

With the thread title I thought you were going to write a little about me. Darn. Maybe next time. As for this image, I love it. The colors are beautiful. You know how those pastels get me.

For a second there I thought you typed pasties.

For a second there I thought you typed pasties.
That is another thread manicmike. :)

I like the way the rocks especially the large one seems to almost be rising up out of the water, the quality of the photo has a wonderful ethereal quality. To me the color seems a little too vibrant which I think can make a photo seem a little unbelievable; but I like the contrast of the two colors with the dark rocks.

I like the way the rocks especially the large one seems to almost be rising up out of the water, the quality of the photo has a wonderful ethereal quality. To me the color seems a little too vibrant which I think can make a photo seem a little unbelievable; but I like the contrast of the two colors with the dark rocks.

Thanks to you both.
The light was very good this morning. I like my colors bold.

Most reactions

Back