Putting Press Video on Website

gabelimom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone-

Not sure if I'm in the right section, but here goes: I was filmed for an episode of a TV show where I am shooting some models. The episode has subsequently aired on TV, and I would like to put the video in my press section on my site.

Am I allowed to do this, or do I need permission? I signed a release; however the Exec Producer of the show was also my boss for the freelance gig, and we are no longer on speaking terms. I don't want to ignite a war with her by putting the video on my site, although it would be rockin' to have it on there!

Anyone been there, done that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all, and Happy New Year!!!!

We're not the ones to ask. Ask the owners of the footage. ;)

Its not you, unfortunately, because you signed off on it. Sounds like something interesting!

Sounds like you cant. Atleast without their permisson. Releases give them full rights and, dont allow you any flexibility. I would have stipulated that I had the right to use some of the footage for my own personal use. I guess live and learn.

Perhaps under normal circumstances she could have asked and received the rights to use a short portion of the vid... the bump in the road is the fact that they are unfortunately not on friendly terms anymore.

Thats where I see the real challenge.

I highly doubt anyone would be very concerned if you just upped it to youtube and put it on your site. Worst case scenario, they ask you to take it down. I couldn't see anyone really even going that far with it. That's what I'd do, just up it, and take it down if asked.

Most reactions

Back