Question about photagraphy?

JRE313

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In your opinion, Whatmakes you a photographer?I know this seems like a dumb question but I want to get your opinion on thisIs it how many photos u take or how much money you spend on a camera?

I am a photographer because I use a camera to make photographs.

Number of photos I take, or how much my stuff costs, is not relevant.

I'm a Photograpgher because I take photographs, I don't take pictures, I don't take snapshots. I don't take candy from babies...except if it's a snickers bar, then all bets are off

Your probably going to have many different opinions on this topic. My opinion is if you make money off of it and do it for a living than your a photographer. Everything else is considered doing photography as a hobby. I really do not think at the hobbiest level equipment matters but if you do it for a living quality of gear matters. If you want to be taken seriously that is. I mean you would not want to do weddings with a point and shoot and expect professional results same as entry level dslr and lenses.That's just my thoughts on this subject. I consider myself a hobbiest.

Last edited:
How many photos you take is irrelavent. Knowledge of light and photography is irrelavent.

The only thing that matters is how much money you spent up front on photography gear.

:lmao:

Anybody can be a photographer as long as he/she has a camera. You can never spend enough on camera gears. For a hobbyist, the advice would be "control yourself". A tool is a tool. The more important thing is to learn the techniques and practice what you have learned.

I'm a photographer because I take photographs (now am I a good one that takes good pics is a different story)

just like I'm a poker player because I play poker & I'm an animal lover cause I love animals.

None of the above. The fact that I can make a photograph makes me a photographer. My skill makes me a PROFESSIONAL photographer.

Most reactions

Back