Question about this this camera kit for beginner

jg123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I see Best Buy has a sale on Sony A200K Digital SLR with 18-70mm Lens and 75-300mm Digital Zoom Lens - I have been checking on some used cameras and most seem to be priced close to this one.

What do you think about this deal? I want to photograph nature, sports, people and events/concerts. How much maginfication does the lens that is inlcuded give and what extras do I need to add to this?

Sorry the price for this is $829 CAN - I see it sells in the US for as low as $649 US but not with the extra lens, so price seems equal.

I also see this deal Canon EOS Rebel XTi 10.1MP DSLR With 18-55mm lens & 75-300mm Digital Zoom Lens Package + a Free 4GB CF card all for $929 - I have a feeling most would recommend I go with the Canon right?

I guess I would really like to find somethihg lightly used in the $500 range that includes a few extras. What is the easiest to learn and lightest camera that I could pick up used?

thanks

Get new XT with new 50mm f/1.8. That's probably a better starter lense than the 18-55. The new XSI's 18-55mm is a decent alternative but more expensive than the 1.8. This should run you under 450 probably no more than 500.

Most reactions

Back