Question about websites

Matt.H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to find a good website to host my photography. Something free preferably. Any help would be appreciated. Im not looking to sell anything, just have an online portfolio I guess you could say..

Most free sites put banner ads on your website or pop up ads... but if you don't mind that just Google "free web hosting" and you'll find lots.

Some bargin hosts are much better for not too much.. GoDaddy.com charges $3.99 a month for bargin hosting, and if you buy the hosting domain names are just $1.99. I've used GoDaddy for about a year now and I've yet to have any problems. If you're not too much into web development they also will install the Coppermine web photo gallery into a web database for you so you can have a nice photo gallery setup quick.

I would use Simpleviewer because it looks nicer, but it requires some manual labor on your part. Here's a thread on it:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59355

~Dewey

This does not apply to many people, but you can host your own webserver at home. I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else is looking around for similar items.

I run my own servers, and have for years. Both at home and at work. If one is dedicated to the process, it's doable, free, and flexible.

Most reactions

Back