Question to you DC-Meet-Uppers!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Who wants anything brought from Germany?

Someone wanted chocolate ... it is here on my desk now, waiting to be packed, and if that someone was MyCameraEye and he is going fishing instead of coming then ... well, no German chocolate for him. If it was Jocose, start looking forward to it.

Hobbes wants the latest Guano Apes CD ... not here yet, but certainly on my to-do-list!

Any other wishes?
Anything you think you can only get from Germany?
I might bring some - unless you say "A Mercedes", or "A BMW"... it must be fitting into a regular suitcase.

MmMmMmmMm... a few of those KinderEggs candies with the toy inside if you get the chance. I'm sure I could make up a whole list but I wouldn't want to fill up your suitcase by myself. :D

Überraschungseier!
OK. That should be possible (must think of some container in which they won't break... think-think-think ... It'll be ok).

hhmm...Jo Cose isn't a big chocolate fan, and hasn't been to Germany since before the wall fell, so he can't really remember much...but as long as you bring Corinna, it'll all be good :)

Thanks for the offer though! If I DO think of something I'll let you know!

Between me, Alison and Corry, somehow I'm thinking the German chocolate will be greatly appreciated.....but that's just a guess. :lol:

I would love to try some! :thumbup:

terri said:
Between me, Alison and Corry, somehow I'm thinking the German chocolate will be greatly appreciated.....but that's just a guess. :lol:

I would love to try some! :thumbup:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

(does that answer your question?)

Bier?
A bit heavy? What with my "photo equipment" and all the Überraschungseier and the 70% cocoa-chocolate (it is not very sweet! Be warned, ladies!)... I think we'll have to leave the Mercedeses and BMWs and Bier at home :(...

hobbes28 said:
I brought bier back once... I don't blame you for not doing it Corinna. :D

I remember one time when I picked up my ex from the airport...oh, wait, I think it was my folks actually--whatever, anyay, I was at the airport and we were waiting for the luggage to come around the carrosel (SP), and all of the sudden it reaked from rum...I mean it was like we'd just walked into a bar...it was awful. It turned out that folks standing next to us had just gotten in from Barbados, and had 2 bottles of rum in their bag...well, they WERE bottles when they left Barbados...when they arrived at Baltimore they were just shards of glass, really...

jocose said:
I remember one time when I picked up my ex from the airport...oh, wait, I think it was my folks actually--whatever, anyay, I was at the airport and we were waiting for the luggage to come around the carrosel (SP), and all of the sudden it reaked from rum...I mean it was like we'd just walked into a bar...it was awful. It turned out that folks standing next to us had just gotten in from Barbados, and had 2 bottles of rum in their bag...well, they WERE bottles when they left Barbados...when they arrived at Baltimore they were just shards of glass, really...

I was terrified of that happening to my case. I packed it in foam then used that expanding foam spray stuff to extra secure it then wrapped the thing in cardboard and hoped for the best. It all made it back great but weighed about fifty pounds when it was all said and done. :p

Wow, what a generous offer!
Well, if it's not too much trouble, I've always wanted an authentic German Bier Stein. I know they can get a bit pricey, and I will be more than glad to pay you back in DC. PM me if you can do it so I can get a feel for the prices :)

Oh, and the chocolate sounds amazing too. I can't wait to meet you...and practice my German! :p
Auf Wiedersehen!

clarinetJWD said:
Wow, what a generous offer!
Well, if it's not too much trouble, I've always wanted an authentic German Bier Stein. I know they can get a bit pricey, and I will be more than glad to pay you back in DC. PM me if you can do it so I can get a feel for the prices :)

Oh, and the chocolate sounds amazing too. I can't wait to meet you...and practice my German! :p
Auf Wiedersehen!

JD, don't forget my remote control...how much do I owe you?

Can I get a young, hot, German babe?

OK, it was either me or Bace who would ask, so there you go...I beat Bace to it :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back